Accidents and injuries - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Accidents and injuries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 04:35 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

KFOX75

I don't want to be in the same state as you !

Old 05-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #42

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

My best's friend's son is 5 months and had open heart surgery a month or two ago... He has been totally happy and fine after having his ribs broke and peeled off and heart cut up... Tough little bastard is kicking and yelling... He's a monster

Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #43
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1731 Times on 1066 Posts
Likes Given: 9249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyeborn View Post
KFOX75

I don't want to be in the same state as you !
Don't blame ya on that one. I don't ever want to be in the same country as me. Unfortunately, I'm kinda stuck with me.

10 years ago, I worked as a shipping clerk at a local machine shop. The other shipping clerk was a bit of a hot rod with the nail gun while building pallets to send out the completed equipment and parts. That is until the day that he nailed my hand to a pallet with his nail gun.

Sad part is, I didn't even notice that he did it until I went to get up from where I was kneeling. He put three nails into my left hand in about half a second. i just had him bring me a pry bar, and popped my hand off the nails. Cleaned it, wrapped it, and went back to work. Finished up the order, laoded the truck, and then went down to the hospital. it was a rush order.

With all the things I have lived through, I know quite a few folks who have been through far worse. One of my buddy's uncles was working with his BIL, mowing the city parks where I used to live. He made it almost to beer o' clock without incident. As he liftd the last picnic table his BIL ran over both of his feet with the mower. All 10 of his toes were cut off at that point. He then picked them up, and put them in his pocket. He and his BIL drove back to base, where he walked into the boss's office, reached into his pocket, and set his toes on his bos's desk. Then he told him he was going to the hospital because , and I quote " I think I might want these put back where they belong." Personally, I would have just called from the hospital, but Sean never was quite right........

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #44

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Ten toes on the desk is never good

Old 05-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #45
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8720 Times on 5043 Posts
Likes Given: 11334

Most of the time its not a good idea to put any part of your feet on the boss' desk. Sean was probably the exception to the rule though.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #46
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Most of the time its not a good idea to put any part of your feet on the boss' desk. Sean was probably the exception to the rule though.
I only regret that I was not there to see it. The look on his boss's face had to be priceless.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #47
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2953 Times on 1539 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Gun related? Ricochet off steel while ROing at an IPSC match. Lodged in left bicep and ruined a perfectly good, brand new t-shirt. 12 others caught by body armor in LE training.

Blew up my left hand (long story) with a primer. Surgery and nasty scar.

Non-gun related? Circumcision. Yup that hurt so bad I could not walk for a year!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #48
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Gun related? Ricochet off steel while ROing at an IPSC match. Lodged in left bicep and ruined a perfectly good, brand new t-shirt. 12 others caught by body armor in LE training.

Blew up my left hand (long story) with a primer. Surgery and nasty scar.

Non-gun related? Circumcision. Yup that hurt so bad I could not walk for a year!
Holy Sh!t on the first 2. I think you have used up quite a few of your 9 lives Robo.

LMAO on the last!

Old 05-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #49

Liked 249 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 15

From News of the Weird's site :

Prison guard Alfredo Malespini III, 31, faces several charges in Bradford, Pa., resulting from a marital dispute in March, when, presumably to make a point, he tried to remove his wedding ring by shooting it off. (The ring remained in place; his finger was mangled.) [ArlNow.com, 2-22-2013] [Associated Press via WCAU-TV (Philadelphia, 3-15-2013]

The Iconic Phantom Black/Hispanic Perpetrator: In February, victims of crimes in San Antonio, Texas, and Terrebonne Parish, La., complained to police that they had been assaulted by, respectively, a "Hispanic male" and an "unknown black man" -- whom the victims admitted later did not exist. San Antonio police learned that their victim had been accidentally, embarrassingly, shot by a friend mishandling his gun.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #50

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

Went face first through a glass coffee table making my left cheek a fillet of fish. Glass went in just under my eye and cut down to the jawbone creating a huge blood pocket in my cheek that turned dark purple. When I touched it with a rag my cheek flopped over spraying blood like a squirt bottle. 175 stitches and 6 hours of plastic surgery for that one. Also got my right hand caught in a rebar bender at work, ate my pinky and dislocated two thee fingers. Took my glove off and my hand looked like hamburger with bone chunks in it. Walked into the bosses office and showed him, he puked tons of other fun stuff, nose broke four times, dog bite to the face, chin split twice, eyebrow three times, stabbed in the sternum and right thigh(same incident)during an after the bar scuffle. Mostly from fights and wrestling. As far as gun related stuff, took a 22LR to the left calf as a teenager from some idiot firing into a party and got peppered with a 4-10 while rabbit hunting. Many more injuries without a good story, my dad always said"if your honna be dumb you better be tough"

image-807014871.jpg   image-3708334506.jpg