Accidents and injuries - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Accidents and injuries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2707 Times on 1577 Posts
Likes Given: 1528

I got Hoppe's in a paper cut once! That smarts!! Does that count???

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #32

Liked 86 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Shot at 3 times... all misses.
Head on with a Buick 225 on my Kawi... Buick 1, me 0.
Through a windshield, long story, windshields are harder then they look.
6 inch common screw driver through my left hand, that one hurt.
Stepped on a board with a nail in it, came through the top of my shoe, tried to get the board off by picking up my foot but the board came with it so I freaked and stepped on the board with my other foot to hold it down, now 2 feet with nails in them, really freaked and lost my balance, fell on my ass on yet another board, and you guessed it... really bad day. The only time I have seen a Dr. in an emergency room brought to tears.
So far, my right hand has not had anything go through it.
Don't put a .22 shell in the fork of a bush and shoot the back of it with a bb gun. Nuff said.
1965 Olds Delta 88's are heavy, rolled off the ramps and across my chest, broke all the ribs on my left side and bruised my heart. I don't have that car anymore.
This all happened before I was 20, I'm much more careful now.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

orangello Likes This 
Old 05-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1256 Times on 728 Posts
Likes Given: 1918

Most of my ribs broken, some of them multiple times, concussion, separated shoulders, broken fingers and toes, sprained ankle, displaced vertebrae in my neck, all from participation in Kenpo and JuJutsu. (I did mange to earn 3rd degree black belt (Sandan) in Kenpo and 5th degree black belt (Godan) in JuJutsu). Burns on my hands, face, and arms pulling a guy out of a burning car.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #34

Liked 2448 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Nothing duct tape and hydrogen peroxide couldn't

handle.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #35

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My Dad was a cop for 14 yrs.In 1963,i was 3 yrs old,and he came home from work one day,and,put his 38 special,in the top of his chest of drawers,where his 3 yr old son couldn't get it.He never thought about,the empty suitcase,beside,the chest.
I pushed the suitcase,to the front of chest,so i could stand on it, to get the gun.I couldn't pull the trigger,so,i pointed the gun towards me,so i could use both thumbs.
The gun went off.It hit me point blank,one inch below my heart.It came out of my left leg,about,the middle of my thigh,on the inside.I was told,the bullet, made 17 holes,in my small intestines,and part of them,had to be removed.If my memory serves me right,they said the small intestines,don't grow back,and they thought,there may be a chance,it would stunt my growth.Granted,we weren't as medically advanced ,in 1963.I was in surgery for 5 hrs,and it took 73 stitches.
I guess,i was suppose to survive,for some reason.I don't remember much,except,for the burning.So far as it stunting my growth,i'm 6'5 230 lbs,lol.
I have the scars from the stitches,but beyond that,i've never had any problems from this.It sure beats,checking into the dirt hotel.
I can say what my Dad,should,or,shouldn't have done.I know it took a lot of years off of his life.He was good to me,and i know,he never thought about the suitcase.
Needless to say,i'm not getting around anyone,who acts like an idiot,with a gun.I'm not sure,if i could stand to be shot again,and i don't intend on finding out.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #36
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1357 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

My head was cut off by a guy with a samarai sword...

top that, beetches

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #37

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
My head was cut off by a guy with a samarai sword...

top that, beetches
I cut my own head off with a chainsaw, then sewed it back on myself! I put it on backwards at first, just foolin around, then I pulled the stitches out and redid it.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #38

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohn60
My Dad was a cop for 14 yrs.In 1963,i was 3 yrs old,and he came home from work one day,and,put his 38 special,in the top of his chest of drawers,where his 3 yr old son couldn't get it.He never thought about,the empty suitcase,beside,the chest.
I pushed the suitcase,to the front of chest,so i could stand on it, to get the gun.I couldn't pull the trigger,so,i pointed the gun towards me,so i could use both thumbs.
The gun went off.It hit me point blank,one inch below my heart.It came out of my left leg,about,the middle of my thigh,on the inside.I was told,the bullet, made 17 holes,in my small intestines,and part of them,had to be removed.If my memory serves me right,they said the small intestines,don't grow back,and they thought,there may be a chance,it would stunt my growth.Granted,we weren't as medically advanced ,in 1963.I was in surgery for 5 hrs,and it took 73 stitches.
I guess,i was suppose to survive,for some reason.I don't remember much,except,for the burning.So far as it stunting my growth,i'm 6'5 230 lbs,lol.
I have the scars from the stitches,but beyond that,i've never had any problems from this.It sure beats,checking into the dirt hotel.
I can say what my Dad,should,or,shouldn't have done.I know it took a lot of years off of his life.He was good to me,and i know,he never thought about the suitcase.
Needless to say,i'm not getting around anyone,who acts like an idiot,with a gun.I'm not sure,if i could stand to be shot again,and i don't intend on finding out.
Wow man. That's horrifying and amazing all at the same time. I'm glad you're okay and thank you for sharing. Definitely a lesson I will take t heart. You were one tough-ass 3 year old.... I'd hate to tangle with you now ;p

Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #39
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8108 Times on 4682 Posts
Likes Given: 10476

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
My dickhead was cut off by a guy with a samarai sword...

top that, beetches
Fixed it for ya!

Apparently they didn't think to cut off yer fingers to keep you from typing stupid chit!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 AM   #40

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohn60 View Post
My Dad was a cop for 14 yrs...
That is absolutely incredible. It's amazing the things that the really young can survive. I knew a boy, about 5 when I met him, but he was 3 when he was shot in the head with a .38. Similar story, except his Dad wasn't a cop and was just being careless. The boy did about the same thing, except he was trying to look down the barrel when it went off.