Accidents and injuries
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Accidents and injuries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

I was shooting with a friend who was shooting a ruger .22 revolver with interchangeable cylinders. Can't remember what it was called... Security six?

Anyways the story goes.... The cylinder ended up getting out of time and one of the bullets didnt go down the barrel but instead ended up fragmenting out the side and hitting me in the back... I thought he shot me.

So I turned around, possibly to gun down a close a friend (just kidding) and I realized it was an accident.. It hurt like hell but I got over it and had a laugh.

I was curious what accidental injuries you guys have had

My friends dad shot himself witha .357 I'm the foot once.

I'm typing all this on the mobile app and can't see what I'm typing so if there are misspellingsi apologize

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7928

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatMarionette View Post
I was shooting with a friend who was shooting a ruger .22 revolver with interchangeable cylinders. Can't remember what it was called... Security six?

Anyways the story goes.... The cylinder ended up getting out of time and one of the bullets didnt go down the barrel but instead ended up fragmenting out the side and hitting me in the back... I thought he shot me.

So I turned around, possibly to gun down a close a friend (just kidding) and I realized it was an accident.. It hurt like hell but I got over it and had a laugh.

I was curious what accidental injuries you guys have had

My friends dad shot himself witha .357 I'm the foot once.

I'm typing all this on the mobile app and can't see what I'm typing so if there are misspellingsi apologize
Broke my left leg, three times. Car slipped off a tow dolly while loading it, bad tackle while playing football, and a near fatal car wreck (other guy blew .31, I was sober) broke most of the bones in the left side of my body.
Shot in right leg, twice. Once with a crossbow bolt, once with a .38 special via a ricochet.
had an F-250 fall off the jack stands while changing out the front axle. Broken ribs, collar bone, and shoulder blade on my left side.
Dropped a motorcycle ( my mom's XS1100 Yamaha) when the front brake locked up solid while travelling at 60 MPH. All I got from that was a sprained knee and ankle, and one hell of a case of road rash. Not the first time. have been riding since I was 6, started out on a YZ50 Yamaha.
Rolled my truck while going through my divorce. Truck was D.O.A., I didn't even get a scratch.
Notched both my right and left thumbs by not using the proper technique the first couple of times I fired a semi-auto pistol.
My wife's last dog bit me in the face, less than an inch from my right eye. 15 sutures, and an interesting scar later, the dog is now at my friend's shop as a guard dog
Had a co-worker nail my left hand to a pallet when I worked in the shipping department of a local factory.
Several other cuts bruises and apbrasions without a worthwhile story behind them. I used to work as a bouncer at a local nightclub.

So far, I have only used up 3 of my lives. 6 still left.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8692 Times on 3764 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

ALL of my injuries have been accidental. Did not plan for any of them.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1357 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

I've had too many injuries. Some were accidental, some were intentional on the part of others. But I've never had an accidental or negligent discharge or an injury due to a firearm in my own hand. I've been bit by a German Shepard, mule-kicked in the chest by a horse, bit by a brown recluse spider, shot by a Viet Cong, blown up by an IED, hit by a drunk driver...

The longer you live the more scars you get.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
widowmaker Likes This 
Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Oddly enough, of all my booboos over the years, i'm having trouble remembering any that were firearms-related. Cars, boats, motorbikes, alcohol, and women seem to cause MANY more injuries to me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21224 Times on 12054 Posts
Likes Given: 52974

about the only firearm related injuries i have ever had, came from working on them. cuts, bruises, smashed fingers and thumbs and such.

but i have plenty of scars from many other activities!

People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #7

Liked 1343 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 313

The worst accidental injury I have suffered was grabbing a pit viper from the wrong end. Several days of ICU followed.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #8

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Axxe that is the same as me; and chainfire that is hecka scary.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #9

Liked 702 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Long list for me. Thank God GM and mom's marketing firm carried good insurance.

Broke my right leg on my first bike when six
Broke jaw crashing bike on a whole made ramp at 10
Broke ankle and cracked shoulder going down a hill on my way to school on the same bike going around a turn at 11 or 12
Dislocated left wrist getting bucked off a horse when about 13ish

Did good for a while then got a little older and dumber
Broke finger with a hammer
Broke shoulder going down a water slide head first and slamming into the bottom

Started road racing sport bikes and over the corse of seven years broke multiple fingers, multiple ribs, right shoulder, both ankles, tail bone, and hairline fractured hip

Broke left wrist again getting bucked off of a horse yet again

And the last one about 5 yerars ago was a wreck on the street (the one time I road without a helmet) broken shoulder, two ribs, and fractured skall.

The ugliest one

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #10

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

lets see ree bar thure the foot at a costruction sight. broken rbbs from a car accident. but luckley never a misshap from a firearm other then a soure shoulder