Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > accidental firing of gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19790 Times on 11235 Posts
Likes Given: 49869

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipegold View Post
I was just composing a response, when it came to posting I saw that some posts were removed, wisely I guess. So I'll take some of the wind blowing and try and assuage some concerns I wasn't expecting. More succinct than I would wish for obvious reasons:

I'm a British libertarian. I woke up about 7 yrs ago. The story is libertarian. We in Britain are disarmed. Stories, when they can be heard, can be something that helps in that situation. Whether armed or not, we are brothers.
Pipegold as long as you're not a gun hating liberal, it's all good!
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 05-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
I was just composing a response, when it came to posting I saw that some posts were removed, wisely I guess. So I'll take some of the wind blowing and try and assuage some concerns I wasn't expecting. More succinct than I would wish for obvious reasons:

I'm a British libertarian. I woke up about 7 yrs ago. The story is libertarian. We in Britain are disarmed. Stories, when they can be heard, can be something that helps in that situation. Whether armed or not, we are brothers.
In spite of our "little uprising in the 1770's", I agree!

Old 05-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #33

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

And again in 1812-1815. There was that little Andy Jackson welcome at New Orleans.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #34

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:

Question: "Stories, when they can be heard, .." ? Does this mean there is some kind of censorship over there as to the "types" of stories that can or cannot make it out to the free press?

Second question:
Why does it need to be a revolver for your story? Semi-auto's have their accidental firing troubles, too - probably moreso.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #35

Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Question: "Stories, when they can be heard, .." ? Does this mean there is some kind of censorship over there as to the "types" of stories that can or cannot make it out to the free press?

Second question:
Why does it need to be a revolver for your story? Semi-auto's have their accidental firing troubles, too - probably moreso.
1. It's my understanding that mainstream corporate media, press, publishers, outlets are variously owned, run, controlled, influenced by, and vulnerable to pressure from the enemy. If material is going to be genuinely critical (and not just controlled opposition) of that enemy, it's probably better to use smaller, independent publishers, with unfortunately weaker production, promotion, distribution capabilities - resulting in smaller audience. An effective censorship either way. I'm sort of reluctant to sign a contract with the Beast.

2. I know even less about semi-auto's! It doesn't HAVE to be revolver. With the times involved, gun sourced sometime between WW2 and 1960, used sportingly by 11yr old girl 1970, then again her as mildly special needs adult in 2006 resulting in AD/ND. Using this table:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_pistol#United_Kingdom.2C_British_Empire_an d_Commonwealth_of_Nations
... it seems more likely to have been one of those 3 revolvers around WW2 and after. Father could have appropriated it during WW2 service or after? Cheaper? More knocking about as they're not as popular as fancy new semi-auto ones? All this is background and unimportant, just figuring which is most likely. Another consideration is the usability by 11yr old girl. Revolver simpler? Those three don't look too big/heavy. The AD/ND is an important factor though, although if I feel the AD/ND ends up seeming too weak/lazy/incredible, I may have to rethink whether I should go down the AD/ND route at all.