Absolutely Nuts: Russian Military Training Video Shows Intense Shooting Tactics - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Absolutely Nuts: Russian Military Training Video Shows Intense Shooting Tactics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 184 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
I didn't understand the whole shoot at the ground while pushing the guys back. I know these are Russians and all, but for real the guy was shooting his firearm at the ground while looking up at the other guy. He could have hit someone or feet!!

I believe the whole shooting into the ground thing is either to simulate shooting one of the harassers, or to scare off the harassers. Considering they are slinging rounds within inches of their buddies heads, I highly doubt any of those guys are worried about a lil bit of lead in their toes. Crazy effers.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1097 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
Russians were always nuts when it came to training in the military doesn't necessarily mean squat though when faced with our lean green machines in the army and marines and our flyboys and navy guys we would destroy them in conventional warfare and unconventional warfare only problem is nukes

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
The Russians have pretty good training, have at least high school educations, and, while we retain certain technological advantages, we've never engaged a first rate military in a shooting war since WWII. It's a safe bet that that would be a bad idea.

The bubbas our military is fighting in Dirka Dirkastan may have heart but they're generally as dumb as a bag of hammers and lack much in the way of real military equipment or training. The Russians don't have that problem.

The Imperial Japanese Army and Wehrmacht didn't stop fighting us because they realized how superior our military was to theirs, they ran out of beans, bullets, and gas.

My guess is that if the Germans had our manufacturing capability and access to oil, we would have been in deep, deep trouble. That's pretty much what fighting the Russians will be like. The Germans learned that lesson for us.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #13

Liked 245 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 12

" It's all fun until somebody loses an eye ".

If you ever saw someone die of a bullet wound, you wouldn't want to engage in training this risky .

Of course an argument can be made that this training makes better gunfighters out of the Russians and that it is worth it even if someone gets shot . I have a hard time accepting that .

I can imagine rigorous training involving firing at a moving target as a machine fires airsoft BBs at you or standing behind armor as real bullets are fired at you or running until you are out of breath before engaging bad guy targets behind hostage targets in dim light ---All of which would be safe .

By the way , I always thought the Russians were taught to shoot the 'good guy' targets .

Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1950 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 995

Crazy like a fox. This is a "soft" psychological warfare piece delivered through an esteemed American host. Perfecto.

As for the jackass drills, the only way to prove or disprove their effectiveness is to meet the practitioners head-on in combat. We don't want that for a number of reasons. So chances are we (and they) will never know.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:43 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1592 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 555

It's not like the Blaze wouldn't make up some BS. Not the Blaze, they are always on the up and up. Why is no one in uniform? We have a bunch of idiots with bandanas on their face, who are to freakin fat to pass a PFT. Yet they are Russian specops? I smell the sh!t getting deep.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1950 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 995

Well, Larry said they were real... One thing for sure, they do train this way in the Spetsnaz. It goes way back to the Soviet times. One traditional favorite is a crushing hit in the back (shirtless) with a 2x4.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1592 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Well, Larry said they were real... One thing for sure, they do train this way in the Spetsnaz. It goes way back to the Soviet times. One traditional favorite is a crushing hit in the back (shirtless) with a 2x4.
There is a huge difference in getting whacked with a 2x4 than playing with live ammo. A 2x4 is only going to transfer so much energy before it snaps.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 04-07-2014, 04:03 AM   #18

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

The Russians got their a$$ handed to them in Afghanistan. Canadians ran Kandahar Province for about 3 years with crap equipment.

Spetsnaz shmetznaz.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
There is a huge difference in getting whacked with a 2x4 than playing with live ammo. A 2x4 is only going to transfer so much energy before it snaps.
my father has bunch of old rough cut hardwood 2x4's about 60 years old and dang near as hard as steel. care to prove that they will snap?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:38 AM   #20

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
my father has bunch of old rough cut hardwood 2x4's about 60 years old and dang near as hard as steel. care to prove that they will snap?
I'm sure they would snap at some point, I mean after you beat a dozen guys or so to death it would take it's toll good thing he has a bunch.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ