Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > 7 year old boy dies after being accidently shot by father.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #31
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

I don't suspect inbreeding, first cousins, incompatible blood types, or vaccine induced retardation. I do suspect their was an adult, responsible for the welfare of a minor child, and unsafe gun handeling practices caused a neglegant discharge of the firearm causing the death of the child. Very sad.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 901 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 687

Anybody can have brain fart. A professional trigger-puller can have a f*ck-up moment with a firearm. Seen it. Usually turns out to be a harmless wake-up call, but it can happen to anybody. The less experience, the less training, the higher the risk of the brain fart being lethal. And the truth is there are a lot of people out there with guns who have not had sufficient training.

I don't know the level of the father's experience in this particular case but it doesn't really matter. His life is ruined. If I ever killed one of my sons through negligence with a firearm, I'd turn the gun on myself.

"far right fanantic/troll" -- according to Shoobee

Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #33
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 346 Posts
Likes Given: 67

It is a terrible that it happen, but this guy in the tape is really hamming it up about the firearms bit. What he failed to tell in the video is that appox. 12,000 kids die by various accidents every year in the US. 500 are by firearms. That does not excuse people from mis-handing guns or having them where kids can get hold of them, but over 3,000 die by autos each years. Its a dangerous world out there and one has to be on guard at all times. I live on the ocean, and year after year, the drownings mount up.

JP-USN 20 years retired
Alway keep your six covered

Last edited by Dearhunter; 06-12-2013 at 10:31 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1251 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Once again people let emotion rule over logic.
The probability of 'any' child being killed or injured by a 'gun' accident like this one is EXTREMELY low. The probability of 'any' child being killed or injured by the father while DRIVING to and from the gun store is millions of time greater!!!
This is VERY unfortunate, but even more unfortunate is to allow this incident to be exploited to continue the secular progressive agenda of indoctrinating people to believe firearms are inherently unsafe, which they are not!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #35

Liked 162 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 48

When I started this thread it was with the purpose of emphasizing the importance of gun safety. True, the father shooting the young son was an accident, but an avoidable one. You can't avoid a drunk driver crashing into you on the way to work but you can avoid shooting your 7 year old son in the chest by checking to make sure the gun is unloaded and always, always and always pointing the muzzle in a safe direction even when your sure the gun is empty.

True many children die or get killed by other means and/or accidents and probably many of those could also have been avoided but this incident is directly related to us who defend the second amendment. It hurts us and what we defend when people mishandle guns and end up hurting someone, specially a child. We know its going to get blown way out of proportion. Lets not give the YoungTurds more reasons to talk about.

I say again, lets go beyond the call of duty and practice safety. Please.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4469 Times on 2357 Posts
Likes Given: 255

couple months back right before the new year i snatched a firearm, that was being shown to a father at my local gunstore, out of the father's hands as he was pointing it at his 4 year old and saying "a gun does what??" as he was cocking it... as i grabbed it the kid says "BOOM!!"

i told the father he is damn lucky this is a public venue with witnesses or i woulda beat his ass on the spot... the gun store proprieter ran his ass out of the store.

its sad when children lose their lives through the negligence of their parents. but i wouldnt classify this as an accidental shooting in the least. it was no accident he pointed the gun at a child and no accident he pulled the trigger. it was simple negligence and lack of respect and love for his child.

an accident would be an earthquake knocking a loaded gun over or an animal activating the trigger. a bullet hitting a buried object and ricocheting back is an accident, a human point it at another human and pulling the trigger is not an accident.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 06-11-2013 at 10:05 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #37
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4469 Times on 2357 Posts
Likes Given: 255

im liking starbuck more now heh

Quote:
Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers

Published June 11, 2013

FoxNews.com

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA -- "Occupation/Precipice" Episode 301/302 -- Pictured: (l-r) Callum Keith Rennie as Leoben, Katee Sackhoff as Kara "Starbuck" Thrace -- SCI FI Channel Photo: Carole Segal (© SCI FI Channel)

Next SlidePrevious Slide

Actress Katee Sackoff said she lost half of her Twitter followers when she tweeted a message urging people to practice gun safety.

After watching a television report about a four-year-old who accidentally shot and killed his father with a loaded gun that had been left unattended at a friend’s house, the “Battlestar Galactica” star tweeted Monday:

“Please practice gun safety. This is horrible!”

Soon after, Sackoff’s Twitter feed blew up with followers advocating gun control instead of gun safety.

“Here's a radical idea folks. How about NO gun?” one wrote.

Sackoff responded to her critics: “Never gonna happen in the US. Proper gun safety is a necessity though.”

That did not satisfy many, who continued to criticize her initial comment.

Sackoff tried to elaborate on her position: “Just to be clear...I NEVER said automatic guns should be legal!“

But it was too late. While many came to her defense (“I don't understand why @kateesackhoff got so much flack for a gun safety tweet. She's right”), her initial comment apparently cost her about 100,000 Twitter followers.

Later on Monday, Sackoff tweeted: “On a lighter note since I've lost half my followers due to talking about gun safety...the sun is shining & Happy Monday! Love your neighbor today!”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/11/actress-katee-sackoff-urges-gun-safety-on-twitter-loses-half-her-followers/#ixzz2Vx41UMSt

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #38

Liked 162 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
couple months back right before the new year i snatched a firearm, that was being shown to a father at my local gunstore, out of the father's hands as he was pointing it at his 4 year old and saying "a gun does what??" as he was cocking it... as i grabbed it the kid says "BOOM!!"

i told the father he is damn lucky this is a public venue with witnesses or i woulda beat his ass on the spot... the gun store proprieter ran his ass out of the store.

its sad when children lose their lives through the negligence of their parents. but i wouldnt classify this as an accidental shooting in the least. it was no accident he pointed the gun at a child and no accident he pulled the trigger. it was simple negligence and lack of respect and love for his child.

an accident would be an earthquake knocking a loaded gun over or an animal activating the trigger. a bullet hitting a buried object and ricocheting back is an accident, a human point it at another human and pulling the trigger is not an accident.
To a certain degree I agree with you JohnM but I consider an accident anything that happens without planning and that is not wanted and/or desirable.

I'm sure that man did not intend on killing his little boy but he did. To some SMALL degree it can be called an accident. On the other hand, he was NEGLIGENT on an upper scale and is responsible for the death of his baby. I'm sure he will suffer for the rest of his life. I know that if something like where to happen to me, god forbid, my life would be over.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 AM   #39

Liked 1766 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Well rickster you and the U.S. Air Force would be at odds then. We were told the only "accident" we could have was a meteor falling on our truck. Everything else is negligence.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1251 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Most accidents are, directly or indirectly, a result of negligence.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!