7 year old boy dies after being accidently shot by father. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

7 year old boy dies after being accidently shot by father.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
This may not be PC but the real tragedy here is the fact that this idiot was allowed to breed in the first place. 1. he was unaware his weapon was loaded. 2. he pointed it in an unsafe direction. 3. he had his finger on the trigger. All adds up to a defective gene pool. Frankly his boy is better off in the hands of God rather than being raised by this fool.
Ignorance is not a factor of genetics. It is environment/exposure. If it had been sheer stupidity (and I know some here will say it was) then there is the argument that stupidity can be genetic. But sheer ignorance is not.
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 845 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
All adds up to a defective gene pool. Frankly his boy is better off in the hands of God rather than being raised by this fool
I am sure the grieving family would disagree. Probably the most arrogant and insensitive comment I have read on this forum.

Last edited by manta; 06-09-2013 at 09:22 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #23

Liked 3389 Times on 1526 Posts
Likes Given: 3094

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I am sure the grieving family would disagree. Probably the most arrogant and incentive comment I have read on this forum.
I warned you that it wasn't pc. That warning was for all you bleeding heart liberals.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 845 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
That warning was for all you bleeding heart liberals
If not liking them type of comments makes me a bleeding heart liberal then I can live with that.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3701 Times on 1782 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

What a tragedy! God Bless the little one as well as the family. What ever the cause was, negligence or ignorance, it still does not lesson the impact on a family! Not the least the fact that the Dad has to live with the thought his carelessness killed his son! Wow! what an issue to shoulder for the rest of ones life. I will not be critical only remorseful. I have no idea how he feels at this time and the hurt in the heart of the mother and the rest of the family. I only hope that this incident is not the beginning of the deterioration of a good family! Which in this situation I have seen that happen many times in my carrier. I guess I can only pray that something good comes from it since it is already done and can not be taken back. Maybe the lesson is for some of us once again to remind us that crazy things do and can happen and we need to tighten up and be conscious always of safety in our lives and for those around us. Once again what a loss and what a tragedy!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 06-09-2013 at 11:33 PM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #26

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
This may not be PC but the real tragedy here is the fact that this idiot was allowed to breed in the first place. 1. he was unaware his weapon was loaded. 2. he pointed it in an unsafe direction. 3. he had his finger on the trigger. All adds up to a defective gene pool. Frankly his boy is better off in the hands of God rather than being raised by this fool.
That's not un-PC, it's just heartless. He accidently shot his own son to death. Come'on man!

Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
i may get slammed for my opinion but i happen to agree with RJD on this to a degree. we many times are called heartless because we speak the truth and are honest rather than trying to be politically correct in our words and what we say. sometimes speaking our minds and being blunt rather than PC may seem cruel, but for too long we have coddled others by being PC in our words and actions.

he did all the wrong things with a gun and by that result, a child is dead. tragic yes, but had he been thinking and acting safely, it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

the only exception i have with RJD's post is that the boy is better off in God's hands. the boy wouuld have been better off with a responsible set of parents. but many times we see actions like this everyday. maybe not near as tragic, but many people have no business being able to have children and have no business being parents in the first place.

Last edited by Axxe55; 06-09-2013 at 11:29 PM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 06-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #28

Liked 3389 Times on 1526 Posts
Likes Given: 3094

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
If not liking them type of comments makes me a bleeding heart liberal then I can live with that.

I can live with you being offended too.
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #29
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2674 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 14737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
What a tragedy! God Bless the little one as well as the family. What ever the cause was, negligence or ignorance, it still does not lesson the impact on a family! Not the least the fact that the Dad has to live with the thought his carelessness killed his son! Wow! what an issue to shoulder for the rest of ones life. I will not be critical only remorseful. I have no idea how he feels at this time and the hurt in the heart of the mother and the rest of the family. I only hope that this incident is not the beginning of the deterioration of a good family! Which in this situation I have seen that happen many times in my carrier. I guess I can only pray that something good comes from it since it is already done and can not be taken back. Maybe the lesson is for some of us once again to remind us that crazy things do and can happen and we need to tighten up and be conscious always of safety in our lives and for those around us. Once again what a loss and what a tragedy!

Agreed. I saw first hand what a tragic accident involving a child does to a family about 5 years ago. My ex-wife's oldest son passed away one week before his 7th birthday. He died in her home in a manner that I will not go into on a public forum. NO ONE deserves the loss of a young child, no matter what they have done to anyone on the face of this planet. What happened to him even affected me, and her son was a large part of the reason for our divorce. I saw what happened with her and her husband during the aftermath of their son's death. I know the pain that I felt when I found out what happened. I remember standing in the hospital room, holding her newborn son when he was 1 day old, and babysitting him when they had to work late. Those memories hurt like hell, but they also make me smile when I remember them. He was NOT my son, but he was still a child that I cared for.

I cannot even imagine what it is like to lose one of your own children, especially when he or she has been a part of your life for years. I imagine there are no words for that level of grief and pain. I know it hurt like hell on my end of things, and that it almost destroyed my ex. As hard as going to the funeral was for my wife and me, it was far worse for them and their families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i may get slammed for my opinion but i happen to agree with RJD on this to a degree. we many times are called heartless because we speak the truth and are honest rather than trying to be politically correct in our words and what we say. sometimes speaking our minds and being blunt rather than PC may seem cruel, but for too long we have coddled others by being PC in our words and actions.

he did all the wrong things with a gun and by that result, a child is dead. tragic yes, but had he been thinking and acting safely, it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

the only exception i have with RJD's post is that the boy is better off in God's hands. the boy wouuld have been better off with a responsible set of parents. but many times we see actions like this everyday. maybe not near as tragic, but many people have no business being able to have children and have no business being parents in the first place.
QFT. In my observation, several (not even most) of the people who, to be frank, should not have children, are the same ones who seem to have a surplus of them. I'm not saying that those who have big families are bad parents, or that those who have to try for years are better parents, I am only basing this statement on what I have noticed with the folks I see in my day to day life. The boy who was shot would have been better off with better parents, but his family did not deserve what happened. It is our responsibility to do our best to raise our children, and to protect them from harm. This father failed to do so, and now he must live with what happened, as will the rest of that little boy's family, for the rest of his life. There will always be "What if"s for them, and the question of why it happened will be there right behind those what ifs. These thoughts will haunt both the mother and father for life. The father for his mistake, the mother for not keeping him home with her on the day it happened. A sad story all around IMO.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 AM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Agreed. I saw first hand what a tragic accident involving a child does to a family about 5 years ago. My ex-wife's oldest son passed away one week before his 7th birthday. He died in her home in a manner that I will not go into on a public forum. NO ONE deserves the loss of a young child, no matter what they have done to anyone on the face of this planet. What happened to him even affected me, and her son was a large part of the reason for our divorce. I saw what happened with her and her husband during the aftermath of their son's death. I know the pain that I felt when I found out what happened. I remember standing in the hospital room, holding her newborn son when he was 1 day old, and babysitting him when they had to work late. Those memories hurt like hell, but they also make me smile when I remember them. He was NOT my son, but he was still a child that I cared for.

I cannot even imagine what it is like to lose one of your own children, especially when he or she has been a part of your life for years. I imagine there are no words for that level of grief and pain. I know it hurt like hell on my end of things, and that it almost destroyed my ex. As hard as going to the funeral was for my wife and me, it was far worse for them and their families.

QFT. In my observation, several (not even most) of the people who, to be frank, should not have children, are the same ones who seem to have a surplus of them. I'm not saying that those who have big families are bad parents, or that those who have to try for years are better parents, I am only basing this statement on what I have noticed with the folks I see in my day to day life. The boy who was shot would have been better off with better parents, but his family did not deserve what happened. It is our responsibility to do our best to raise our children, and to protect them from harm. This father failed to do so, and now he must live with what happened, as will the rest of that little boy's family, for the rest of his life. There will always be "What if"s for them, and the question of why it happened will be there right behind those what ifs. These thoughts will haunt both the mother and father for life. The father for his mistake, the mother for not keeping him home with her on the day it happened. A sad story all around IMO.
well said Kfox. a parents first priority and priamry responsiblity is to protect their children first and foremost from danger at all times. the father failed in doing this on an epic scale and tragedy ensued for it. he now has to live with this failure. not only did a young child die, but more than likely it will destroy the rest of the family as a result.

i too have seen families destroyed from similiar accidents when a child died. the destruction in the after the facts is tragic in itself. a child dying because of this accident is the worst part, but not the only part that will probably happen as a result of this.

a child dying because of an illness or disease is tragically sad, but this tragedy could have been prevented. so that makes this one even sadder to me.