Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > 7 year old boy dies after being accidently shot by father.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 163 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I had not heard about this incident but came across it by accident. It shows us how we can never be too careful when handling our firearms. Following is the link.

http://youtu.be/WzZ7YNdoRMQ
We recognize that accidents happen but this particular one, in my opinion, shows negligence on the side of the father. Even if he was sure the gun was unloaded, why was it pointing at the child?

Incidents like this one seriously hurt other gun owners who stress to practice gun safety. It gives fuel to the media.

I'm saddened by the loss of a beautiful child at such a young age due to his fathers negligence.

Often I see on this forum pictures that members take of them selfs showing off their weapons gangster style and/or holding weapons in an unsafe manner. Let me stress that those of us here with more gun experience need to constantly remind new and inexperienced gun owners the importance of owning, handling and carrying a gun.

Please be safe.

Last edited by rickster; 06-07-2013 at 07:57 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I'm not gonna watch and read that. How terrible.
:_(

Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 833 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 328

Thanks for posting but I can't bear to view/read either...

I clean in a loft of a metal building in the back yard. I keep the same process as I would inside, just that extra separation...

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

LUBrowningBoy Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2503 Times on 1465 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

Please, please, please, double & triple check your firearms for safety.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

People Like This 
Old 06-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

OK. Very sad story. First thing I take issue with is obviously the father's lack of firearm safety.
Now onto the issues I have with the video.
The young Turks? What the heck?
The title of the video states the boy was shot in a gun store. He was shot in the father's truck. While I don't question the incident happened, I would definitely question the validity of the site itself.

I don't need No stinking signature.

rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
OK. Very sad story. First thing I take issue with is obviously the father's lack of firearm safety.
Now onto the issues I have with the video.
The young Turks? What the heck?
The title of the video states the boy was shot in a gun store. He was shot in the father's truck. While I don't question the incident happened, I would definitely question the validity of the site itself.
If you follow the link under the video it takes you to the newspaper article and it claims the same. Guess they consider the parking lot as if they are still inside the gun store.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #7

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

It's sad. Of course, it's sad. It should never happen. Parents should never back over their kids when they are on the driveway, either.

More little kids drown in toilets than are shot to death.

I hate how liberal gun controllers pretend to specially concerned about kids when they get on their bandwagon.

Where's the stories about the danger of toilets?

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1098 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
It's sad. Of course, it's sad. It should never happen. Parents should never back over their kids when they are on the driveway, either.

More little kids drown in toilets than are shot to death.

I hate how liberal gun controllers pretend to specially concerned about kids when they get on their bandwagon.

Where's the stories about the danger of toilets?
my best friends mom backed over him when he was little 3-to-5 yrs old.. broke his leg.. and she was a doctor. lol... i bet she felt horrible.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I'm not gonna watch and read that. How terrible.
:_(
Ditto! Nothing worse than losing a child. It is as Shakespeare's Ceasar said regarding death: "This is the most unkindest cut of all." I won't read nor watch the video.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

Ditto! Nothing worse than losing a child. It is as Shakespeare's Ceasar said regarding death: "This is the most unkindest cut of all." I won't read nor watch the video.
I can understand why some may not want to watch the newscast about the incident but I think it is important for some, not all, to recognize the responsibility of being a firearm owner and how careful we must be at all times. I always handle my guns as if they are loaded, regardless of how certain I may think they are not.

I never place my finger on the trigger unless I intend to discharge the weapon. I never point it at anyone and/or allow the muzzle to be pointed at anyone unless my life is threatened by that person.

I never allow my weapons to be in anyone's hands whom may not have weapons experience.

I've had friends, or acquaintances, get upset at me for not letting them handle my guns but for me safety comes first. I've also

When my little girls are around me, my gun is either holstered or stored.

In my opinion, I can never be too safe. Call me foolish. Call me extremist. If ever one of my loved ones is injured due to my negligence or lack of safety, I could not live with myself.