Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   45ACP GSW not for the weak stomach (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/45acp-gsw-not-weak-stomach-24038/)

Bigguns911 03-01-2010 03:04 AM

45ACP GSW not for the weak stomach
 
2 Attachment(s)
This GSW if from a person that I know that attempted to catch a 1911 that was falling to the ground from his holster. The gun went off and the 45ACP ball went into his stomach and logged in his butt. :( Thank god the round did not do any major damage to his insides. :eek: His pride was hurt badly and he will be off work for some time recouping. Moral of the story if it is falling let it hit the ground. Most new guns are made to not go off if they hit the ground. Be safe on the range all.:cool:

doctherock 03-01-2010 03:59 AM

my god that looks like it hurt just a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Hey-you-guys 03-01-2010 01:49 PM

And I thought the cyst on my ass hurt like hell...

Tackleberry1 03-03-2010 05:19 AM

His Explanation?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguns911 (Post 238803)
This GSW if from a person that I know that attempted to catch a 1911 that was falling to the ground from his holster. The gun went off and the 45ACP ball went into his stomach and logged in his butt. :( Thank god the round did not do any major damage to his insides. :eek: His pride was hurt badly and he will be off work for some time recouping. Moral of the story if it is falling let it hit the ground. Most new guns are made to not go off if they hit the ground. Be safe on the range all.:cool:

So when you asked him what happened did he say "the damn thing just went off" :confused:

spittinfire 03-03-2010 11:45 AM

That doesn't look like a good day. Glad to hear nothing major was hit and that he will recover.

Bigguns911 03-03-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 240239)
So when you asked him what happened did he say "the damn thing just went off" :confused:

No I have to give him credit, he knew he screwed up and took his hit for it. He is a good guy just made a bad move.:rolleyes:

gorknoids 03-04-2010 02:23 AM

I swear I just read a story about that. Doing holster work during quals for an auxilliary police force position, late 20's?

Bigguns911 03-04-2010 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 240865)
I swear I just read a story about that. Doing holster work during quals for an auxilliary police force position, late 20's?

Ya something like that, I don't know now days you can never tell where the news will spread to. The good old days you could shoot yourself and only the next few county would know. Then you get stuff like this page and every one knows. It's all good he told me I could post it if I believed it would help others. So don't shoot your self's in the gut, OK.:D

gorknoids 03-04-2010 05:00 AM

It's a cautionary tale that bears repeating. Hope he's doing okay.

james_black 03-04-2010 05:12 AM

That is what happens when you deal with a 1911. That is why I own a glock.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.