Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Samples of Ken Hurst's Engraving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default Samples of Ken Hurst's Engraving

Ken forwarded the following samples of his work and ask if I would start a thread for him.

Should you want to contact Ken via email feel free to do so; kenhurst@suddenlink.net

Enjoy:

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 AM   #2

Should you want to contact Ken via email feel free to do so; kenhurst@suddenlink.net

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #3

As I was asked to post a few pictures of my scratching --- here they are. I don't know enough about computers to post so asked Mr. Canebreak to help, thanks Canebreak. This past summer makes 50 years of engraving firearms & I think I'm getting the hang of it --- enough so that I may make a career of it. My past history combines working as a custom shop master for both Colt and Win. with doing work with Tom and Bill Ruger as well. After leaving Colt, I started an engraving Co. and also sat up the engraving course for the state of N.C. at Montgomery Tech. Institute in Troy, N.C. I taught this course for a short time & turned it over to Mr. Jessie Houser (an apprentist of mine) while I went back to running my engraving co. in Linchburg, Va. Over the years, I have continued to work seven days a week , 10-15 hours a day . In the event anyone has questions, I would prefer you call me (910-221-5288) as I'm always in the shop & it takes me longer than most to answer emails. FWIW

Old 02-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

WOW! That is some really impressive work Ken. Very nicely done.

JD

Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hurst View Post
As I was asked to post a few pictures of my scratching --- here they are. I don't know enough about computers to post so asked Mr. Canebreak to help, thanks Canebreak.
Hey guys, see that!!

Look, MR. CANEBRAKE, kinda rolls off the tongue…huh…Mr. Canebrake wow…….

See BenningBoy, respect, take notes! Of course, Ken's a noobie and hasn't a clue who the real canester is!! I'm sure I'll spend this capital quickly!

Ken, all joking aside; it’s an honor to welcome you to the FTF and my pleasure to assist you in posting your work. Never hesitate to send me more photographs to put up.

As a retired mechanical engineer, I complement (and envy) your skills.

In this instant-gratification, fast-food, jiffy-lube world, it’s refreshing to see a true artesian!

I’m sure I speak for all members that we are looking forward to more examples of your life’s work.

- orangello

Old 02-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #6

Many thanks Mr. Canebreak. You've been a great help to me as I would never get a picture on the net if I had to do it myself. Best regards Sir .......

Old 02-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #7

That is some sweet ass work Ken, thanks for sharing.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8413 Times on 3646 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Many years ago, I had to opportunity to meet Mr. Hurst briefly, and take a tour of his shop (at that time in Campbell County VA, near Lynchburg). Mr. Hurst was very much a gentleman, and the work in progress in his shop absolutely blew me away. Truly fantastic, high quality work. Good to see you are still around, sir- and still doing some fine carving in steel. Best wishes-

C3Shooter

Old 02-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Sir, you are a true craftsman. Welcome here.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #10

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, that shop in Rustburg sometimes held as many as 1000+ guns waiting to be engraved. Of course, the bulk of these were production run orders for organizations such as peolice deptments and factory orders. But, what the heck --- they were still being bought by the average consumer gun collector.