Post Refinished/Repainted Gun Pictures

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Post Refinished/Repainted Gun Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Post Refinished/Repainted Gun Pictures

Hey all, was just considering repainting my gun to a different style but I am curious of what everyone here has done so I was wondering if someone could post some good ideas or pictures? Thanks

Oh yeah how can you spraypaint realistic looking camouflage onto something? Do you use a cardboard cutout for the designs then shift it around and change colors or different cutouts for each color?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Do you mean just stocks,or barrels also. I would not do a cammo job. I would probably lose it. If it's an oldie and the barrel is real shabby, you can check out Brownells. They have all kinds of paints. Or, you can go down to your local car parts store and get a can of heat resistant engine paint which come in flat,gloss etc.. I guess it depends on the job at hand.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #3

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Here is a Remington 700 SPS take off stock that I painted for a beater stock to go hunting with. I used Krylon spray paint and some leaved from around the house.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 PM   #4

excellent work