Pimp my shooter: The amazing bling guns that belong to Mexico's drug lords Read more - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Pimp my shooter: The amazing bling guns that belong to Mexico's drug lords Read more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

do you guys think they atleast did trigger work to their guns???????!!

Old 10-19-2011, 04:32 AM   #42

The guy has a gold plated AR but puts a centerpoint red fit (50$) on it that my good sir,is a fail

Old 10-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #43

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I would MUCH rather see them piss away their money "pimpin" out their guns that actually spending it on TRAINING. Think of it this way....I can see their pimptacticool POS coming a mile away, and the glare might wash out any sight picture they might get on ME.

Realistically though....look to the culture from which they come. Back in the "days of yore", the spanish "hidalgos" (from the spanish phrase hijo de algo, which in english means son of something) would ride pimped out saddles and silver mounted tack to show their wealth. Now, when a person of more culturally-centric mexican heritage buys ANYTHING it gets pimped out. Even the lower rungs on the economic ladder will drive his "chort box chebby" through Pep Boys and buy every stick-on peice of chrome crap that will stick to metal onto his truck. It is a way to show some wealth if not ANY kind of good taste.

How many times have you seen $2000 worth of rims and tires on a $300 car? Heck in Arizona...we have places that RENT rims and tires for the weekend, so these vatos can ride on pimp wheels on Friday and Saturday nights. LLANTAS SE RENTA!

It's only natural that it would carry over to their guns.

Last edited by ArizonaLawman; 10-19-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #44

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
I would MUCH rather see them piss away their money "pimpin" out their guns that actually spending it on TRAINING. Think of it this way....I can see their pimptacticool POS coming a mile away, and the glare might wash out any sight picture they might get on ME.

Realistically though....look to the culture from which they come. Back in the "days of yore", the spanish "hidalgos" (from the spanish phrase hijo de algo, which in english means son of something) would ride pimped out saddles and silver mounted tack to show their wealth. Now, when a person of more culturally-centric mexican heritage buys ANYTHING it gets pimped out. Even the lower rungs on the economic ladder will drive his "chort box chebby" through Pep Boys and buy every stick-on peice of chrome crap that will stick to metal onto his truck. It is a way to show some wealth if not ANY kind of good taste.

How many times have you seen $2000 worth of rims and tires on a $300 car?

It's only natural that it would carry over to their guns.
Around my area, it's mostly african Americans who do that. Not trying to be racist, it's just what I see with my own eyes. The mexicans in this area are more inclined to bright paint jobs (orange and black F150 lightning owned by local Mex restaraunt owner is pretty awesome) and Mary/Sacred heart window stickers.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Around my area, it's mostly african Americans who do that. Not trying to be racist, it's just what I see with my own eyes. The mexicans in this area are more inclined to bright paint jobs (orange and black F150 lightning owned by local Mex restaraunt owner is pretty awesome) and Mary/Sacred heart window stickers.
Understood trip...same here. I KNOW you're not trying to be racist...but you know some will jump on that band wagon. Yeah...the saints and "In Memory Of ________" are also well represented. It's just like my knuckle draggin' cousin humpin' white trash counterparts and their lifted trucks that barely run, yet have $3500 rims and tires. There's one in every bunch.

In fact....HERE'S one that makes me want to puke whanever I see the douchebag: Note the mud flaps....and you ought to see the nazi crap he has on the front. This guy is a DOUCHEBAG of the highest order. (can you say douchebag on here?)
trash-dodge.jpg  

Old 10-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #46

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I can't advise this, but I have seen offensive things on vehicles (support the troops ribbons? I saw one that said "screw the troops"), and I've taken them off. Like the screw the troops ribbon, I just took if off and threw it away.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #47

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I can't advise this, but I have seen offensive things on vehicles (support the troops ribbons? I saw one that said "screw the troops"), and I've taken them off. Like the screw the troops ribbon, I just took if off and threw it away.
Yeah....that can be charged as vandalism or even criminal damage. I saw one sticker on the back of a truck that had Calvin in a sombrero pissing on the US Flag. I had to excercise every bit of self control to leave that window intact.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #48
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman

Understood trip...same here. I KNOW you're not trying to be racist...but you know some will jump on that band wagon. Yeah...the saints and "In Memory Of ________" are also well represented. It's just like my knuckle draggin' cousin humpin' white trash counterparts and their lifted trucks that barely run, yet have $3500 rims and tires. There's one in every bunch.

In fact....HERE'S one that makes me want to puke whanever I see the douchebag: Note the mud flaps....and you ought to see the nazi crap he has on the front. This guy is a DOUCHEBAG of the highest order. (can you say douchebag on here?)
Exactly, it is just how people in different cultures see things, there is nothing wrong with it, the Mexican culture may think that the way the Black culture likes to customize things is obnoxious, and the Black culture may think that the way that the White culture likes to customize things is obnoxious, and the White culture may think that the way that the Mexican culture likes to customize things is obnoxious, just because someone likes flashy things doesn't mean they are a bad person, it's just how their culture sees things.

And it would be real weird if that guy in the picture was Jewish.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 10-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #49

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Not only are the drug lords rich but their are a lot of skilled craftsmen in Mexico. I bought a basket case Harley and put it back together and got it running. I was stabling my horses at Tijuana at the time. The on track saddle shop said they could paint my bike and fix everything about it for under $1000 if I was willing to wait for them to find scrap materials for it. I agreed and by the end of the summer meet my bike was completed. I had a beautiful knucklehead. The next summer I rode the bike up to Santa Anita to see the Santa Anita Handicap. I sold the bike for $35,000 in the parking lot of the race track. You could buy a new Harley with all the bells and whistles at the time for $15,000.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/