Pimp my shooter: The amazing bling guns that belong to Mexico's drug lords Read more - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Pimp my shooter: The amazing bling guns that belong to Mexico's drug lords Read more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
i myself thought those ar's with the gold and black looked pretty sweet. plus like some one said, these are coming from a country with colorful people. i dig some of them, like the black and silver 1911's..... sorry dillinger
I just think that they were over done, like they were given an inch to customize them an went a mile. Gold accents and maybe SOME engraving for one gun, and it would have to be like an heirloom.

An Ameture does it until they can get it right, a Pro does it until they can't get it wrong

Old 07-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #22

Seems kind untactical for a gang unless you end up flashing your enenimies eyes with that bling lol. I would rather where a gold chain with some bling before I put some bling a 1911.

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #23

These guns aren't for tactical use. I would say they're more of a "keeping up with the jones" type of thing. Like in the US, some guys see a truck/car with 24" rims, the other wants to get 26".

Or a guy has a 6" lift with 33's, the other guy wants a 8" lift with 37's.

As far as the guns, not just any drug dealer has them. It's the Bo$$, the higher ranked guys.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I feel it is a shame just the pieces where not found in the demolished hosienda of the drug lord from a Jdam drop. I guess if i made millions upon millions form murder, narcotics, and human trafficing, etc...,I would get crap like that. However since I am pretty much a honest republican I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #25

on one hand i feel like i can't complain very much as i have a gray/bright yellow glossy laminated stock with a stainless action/barrel. on the other hand, i feel that modification for the sake of modification is a bit of a waste.

so thanks to this thread i don't think i want to get my rifle laser engraved with her name any longer. thanks OP.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #26

I think it's interesting. No different than nickle plating or factory engraving only a lot more of it. Anyone ever see a Weatherby Crown Custom? Some of those would fit right in here.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #27

The time and work put into these guns is awsome. Like or dislike them the end result is awsome. If I had one I would put it in my wife's china cabnet. But I would shoot it. Having a gun that you cant shoot is a shame.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #28
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7091 Times on 4268 Posts
Likes Given: 8599

I would certainly like owning a couple of those!!

Old 11-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDeShivs View Post
Jon,
It was a generic comment, not directed at you.
But, it did give you the opportunity to boast about how rich you are... I'm really impressed.
You put the challenge out there, with the statement of "Because you can't afford it, don't decry it.". I am glad someone did answer it.

I would add this. If you look at what the guys that DON'T like it have in their possession, i would say many of them CAN afford it. They could have elected to put the money into the blinged out weapons, instead of the VERY EXPENSIVE collections they do have. So i dont think it is a matter of money for many of them, but a matter of opinion.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by General-Logic View Post
I like heavily embellished and engraved firearms. Like jewelry you can shoot a burglar with.
sounds like something id say. but damn if i had the money...

of course old guns had engraved metal all over them, straight from the factory.

"I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."
- Phil Dalmolin

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

"There's no question that weapons in the hands of the public have prevented acts of terror or stopped them."
- Israeli Police Inspector General Shlomo Aharonisky

Last edited by nygunnut; 01-03-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: thought of last line a few minutes later