Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Pimp my shooter: The amazing bling guns that belong to Mexico's drug lords Read more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5306 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

usually im not for destroying weapons regardless of the reason. those however just need to be melted to slag in the interest of good taste. put the poor things out of their misery.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #12

Liked 89 Times on 56 Posts

I find it interesting that if someone paints his gun camouflage, you guys really like it.
When shown pictures of classic (if overdone) engraving and plating, most act as if a sin has been committed! Engraving, plating, and embellishment has always been done to quality, valued arms. Those are "men's guns-" "rich men's guns!".
Because you can't afford it, don't decry it. This embellishment requires much more than an airbrush or spray can to accomplish, and it lasts many lifetimes.
Expand your horizons a little.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDeShivs View Post
I find it interesting that if someone paints his gun camouflage, you guys really like it.
When shown pictures of classic (if overdone) engraving and plating, most act as if a sin has been committed! Engraving, plating, and embellishment has always been done to quality, valued arms. Those are "men's guns-" "rich men's guns!".
Because you can't afford it, don't decry it. This embellishment requires much more than an airbrush or spray can to accomplish, and it lasts many lifetimes.
How about sparing me the lecture. You will never convince me that I should wear a diamond encrusted Escalade emblem on a platinum chain. This may work well for you.

Can we simply say: to each his/her own and move on?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #14

Nor was I attempting to.
Taste is one thing. Embellishment another.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
I'll take umbridge with that statement.

I don't personally like to see someone home painting their weapon camoflauge and I don't like seeing someone spend thousands of dollars to add bling-bling to their firearm of choice. I don't think you will find me every saying "That looks great" in any post, regardless of who did it.

Now, if we are talking a Cape Gun from Holland & Holland, I would expect it to have some classically done, eloquent, hand carvings on the stock and engraving done on the metal of the action and barrel(s).

These weapons were obviously decorated for a more colorful culture. While in that culture that might seem like the thing to do, Ferrari doesn't make handguns for a reason!

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

JD

Old 05-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5306 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Because you can't afford it, don't decry it.
you assume i cant afford the price that sort of thing takes?? trust me i got enough disposable income to do that if i lacked the taste to defile a firearm in such a fashion. not all of us are participating in obama's economy. just because a thing costs a lot does not mean it is a good thing.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:02 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
you assume i cant afford the price that sort of thing takes?? trust me i got enough disposable income to do that if i lacked the taste to defile a firearm in such a fashion. not all of us are participating in obama's economy. just because a thing costs a lot does not mean it is a good thing.
Jon,
It was a generic comment, not directed at you.
But, it did give you the opportunity to boast about how rich you are... I'm really impressed.

BTW- this forum IS called the "Engraving and Refinishing" forum.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:11 AM   #18

man if eugene stoner could see those ar15s hed kick some MAJOR ass!

An Ameture does it until they can get it right, a Pro does it until they can't get it wrong

Old 05-15-2010, 06:31 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

i myself thought those ar's with the gold and black looked pretty sweet. plus like some one said, these are coming from a country with colorful people. i dig some of them, like the black and silver 1911's..... sorry dillinger

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 06-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #20

all that money can't buy taste!!!!! if i had cartel money a pair of wilson tactical le's would seem like a more sensible, tasteful way to go

Glock 19 9mm
Kimber Tactical Pro .45