My first Duracoat job

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > My first Duracoat job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default My first Duracoat job

So I have always wanted to Duracoat one or two of my weapons but I did not want to hassle with mixing and I do not own a compressor and spray gun so I have been putting it off. Now Duracoat makes a can in can rattle can, so i had to try it..

Pretty easy shake for two minutes then remove red cap from the top and place it on the bottom valve

Then depress on a surface, then shake for another two minutes and its ready to go..

Do not know how it will hold up on rubber parts like this, but we will see

As seen on the Midway USA product video I applied heat in between each coat with a hair dryer. I applied 4 light coats..

Duracoat does not cover up factory engravings....

So I was being lazy and did not want to remove the sights on my Glock 23, so i placed Blue stick removable putty over the tritium, worked pretty good

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Nice work, I like the contrasting color choice you made. FYI, Duracoat takes a couple weeks to really cure and harden up properly. Most folks don't know that. Not sure how it will hold up on the rubber but if it's not getting too much flex, it should be ok.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 08-18-2014, 01:07 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Nice work, I like the contrasting color choice you made. FYI, Duracoat takes a couple weeks to really cure and harden up properly. Most folks don't know that. Not sure how it will hold up on the rubber but if it's not getting too much flex, it should be ok.
Thanks for the info I did not know that.. I have put them in my safe and they will be there for quite a while..