Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Engraving & Refinishing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Is my company about to be out of business? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f54/my-company-about-out-business-78876/)

DuraCoater 12-19-2012 02:59 PM

Is my company about to be out of business?

We just finished making a new prototype unit all pretty and then the Newton, CT incident has blood on the water.

So are we done before we even go public? :(

We just got the second stage cooling system operating with consistency and have slated to move on to Gen IV development and now a new AWB or worse is looming.

My whole company revolves around adding components to an existing rifle platform. Sure if there is a 'grand father' provision I might be OK, but other wise this would single handily knock us out of the ring and down for the count.

I mean if things like collapsible stocks, pistol grips, flash hiders, and barrel shrouds are the problem, I am screwed. :rolleyes:

And shouldn't they call it an W.A.B. aka ' Weapon Attachment Ban ' since that all the last one was?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5...twosystem2.jpg

bigrock44 12-21-2012 08:31 PM

I do hope the AWB is not totally encompassing that it takes the fun out of accessorizing your firearms.

I would truly hate if your company crashed before it took off due to the ban. Could you sell the parts and accessories as a individual and not as a company.

orangello 12-21-2012 08:39 PM

Yep, it could SUCK for a lot of small vendors. I had a friend in college (early 1990's) whose out-of-state father built really nice boats, until that luxury tax on boats passed. His father had been helping the kid with living expenses (kid had academic scholarship & campus job), but sent his kid a birthday card with $150 and a note explaining that his business had gone bankrupt and that he would no longer be able to help the kid out with expenses. The kid made it through school the rest of the way managing bands & working odd jobs & such.

winds-of-change 12-21-2012 08:39 PM

I wouldn't give up yet. Wait and see where the chips fall after everything settles down.

DuraCoater 12-21-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrock44 (Post 1061104)
I do hope the AWB is not totally encompassing that it takes the fun out of accessorizing your firearms.

I would truly hate if your company crashed before it took off due to the ban. Could you sell the parts and accessories as a individual and not as a company.

Technically I am both. But a ban is a ban. No market for parts if simply attaching said parts would make the gun illegal.

bluez 12-21-2012 08:57 PM

There will be rganfathering for sure.. even the rabid anti gunners said so... this is to lower our resitance...
I ahve a feeling if people cant buy any more guns they will spemnd that money on the guns you already have.

I really woudlnt worry about it as this point.

And it does appear the Prez is not going the "executive fiat" route based on him forming this "comission"

rjd3282 12-21-2012 09:02 PM

Don't worry about it I'm sure obama has a shovel ready job lined up for you.

DuraCoater 12-21-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1061132)
There will be rganfathering for sure.. even the rabid anti gunners said so... this is to lower our resitance...
I ahve a feeling if people cant buy any more guns they will spemnd that money on the guns you already have.

I really woudlnt worry about it as this point.

And it does appear the Prez is not going the "executive fiat" route based on him forming this "comission"

Maybe. Maybe not. Putting any trust into that... man... would be ill advised.

FullautoUSA 12-21-2012 09:47 PM

You could try making ban compliant ones.

DuraCoater 12-21-2012 09:56 PM

Impossible if an AWB similar at all to the previous one is enacted and does not include a grandfather clause.

Our system can only operate correctly using a combination of numerous attachments (defined in the previous AWB) that would render a rifle illegal, two primary items being a "shroud" and muzzle device.

toe be honest in a worst case scenario we are looking at one of two options:

1. Pull The Plug
2. Attempt to redirect R&D into a platform built off something like a bolt action rifle. Kind of like Accuracy Internationals stock.