Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > looking for engraver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default looking for engraver

I had work done by two engravers in the mid 80's. Ken Hurst and a female named C.L. Barlow who is probably in her mid 40's now. I'm trying to locate them. I found Hurst's web site but the email link in bad. If anyone has info please send to gunsmt@earthlink.net

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #2

The Firearms Engravers Guild of America has a historian that may be able to help you. You might try posting the forum there as well.

David

David Clevinger
www.dcengraving.com

Old 12-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #3

Default keep them

I think Ken Hurst work has increased in cost, a lot, since the 1980's. I am sure you have seen from his web site that A promising engraver I found on the FEGA web sight is Jim Wark. If you check out his web site, www.888guns.com ,you can see a picture of a 9422M he did for me this year 2008.

Jim used a Forever postage stamp as a sample to engrave the liberty bell on the other side. vintage 1852

I am planning a 9422M Trapper Jim will engrave a picture of the the first US oil well. vintage 1859.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmt View Post
I had work done by two engravers in the mid 80's. Ken Hurst and a female named C.L. Barlow who is probably in her mid 40's now. I'm trying to locate them. I found Hurst's web site but the email link in bad. If anyone has info please send to gunsmt@earthlink.net

Last edited by bkt; 12-25-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: cleaned up the URL

Old 02-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #4

Hi all, I see I'm being looked for. I can be reached at 910-221-5288 or xxkenhurst @ suddenlink.netxx (remove X's & spaces)