Ideas On Gun Finishes
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Ideas On Gun Finishes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ideas On Gun Finishes

I have seen Hard Chroming on the internet and in a few gun mags it looks great and is supposed to be very durable.

I think the same about some of the Robar finishes.

Any of Y'all own a Hard Chromed or Robar coated firearm?

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have a 1911 that I had done by Robar and I was very impressed. Quick turn around, very polite, intelligent and friendly staff if you need to call and the finish is excellent.

I got Roguard put on the frame and slide, and all the internals got NP3 coated. The thing is practically encased in protective-ness ( yeah, I made that up - what? ) and covered up the 1911 dummy scratch like it was never there.

I have some pictures on the home computer. I'll post them up later if you are interested.

JD

Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

My Springer TGO is Robar'd from the factory and it looks great...

Old 06-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had a hard chromed Argentine Hi Power. The finish was easy to maintain and very tough.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #5

Any suggestions on a company to do the Hard Chroming?

Hard Chrome V.S. NP3 which is better?

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")