Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > H&K USP stainless, polished?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Default H&K USP stainless, polished?

Has anyone ever polished a stainless slide on a USP? I have done some searching, and only found one example, and it looked bad. Does anyone know why it might not polish up right? Just asking.
Thanks

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Anyone have an idea about this??????

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Hey truevil, apologies, I didn't see this. I know that H&K makes a solid stainless steel and hard chrome slide guns. I think the chrome would be a better finish, shows less wear and would shine up nicely, but I have no explanation as to why the SS would not shine up as bright. Below is a .45 H&K with a SS slide and a .40 H&K with a chrome slide.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the info. I have now found two examples of people trying to pollish these slides and they both looked like cr@p. My buddy is going to try it anyway. If he screws up, he said he would just have it bead blasted. I will keep you posted on what he does.
Thanks agin.