Gun Steel and Hand Engraving

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Gun Steel and Hand Engraving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun Steel and Hand Engraving

This was my first engraving project. It was done for me by Steve Clouser of Sundance Engraving Reading,Pa 1993
Engraving can be good or bad. Bad engraving might better have not been done, except the engravers are like all the rest of us. They learn best by the mistakes they make. Really good engravers often remark that their early work really magnify their skill level in design and cutting. Some cuts are rough some spacing imbalanced and some scrolls are more flat than curved and lines vary in width and depth of cut.

Last edited by cantrel2; 04-15-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: depth of cut

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2011, 12:58 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Engraving is something I've always sort of wanted to try but never got around to. One of these days I still might try it if I can ever run up on the tools cheap enough.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 04-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #3

Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Not me, I'd be too afraid of butchering the firearm. I'll leave mine plane Jane like they come from the factory

Your revolver sure looks nice though, congrats!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD