Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Engraving & Refinishing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Going to start a new Project (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f54/going-start-new-project-69227/)

peybella 07-29-2012 10:54 PM

Going to start a new Project

2 Attachment(s)
I got an Air Brush from my kids as a present and I've been practicing with it for some time now. I feel like I'm getting better and better as time goes on. I ended up doing a red, desert, and black camo on my Taurus 908 (I'll add a couple of pics) that turned out not half bad. After I finished, I wished I had gone with a snake skin design and wont make that that mistake again. With the checker pattern on the grip, I'm sure an air brushed snake pattern would have turned out perfect with a little study and practice.

The Red Camo didn't turn out bad at all in my opinion. Of course I did see some places where touch up or lighter with the pen would have been called for but for the most part the red was shade for a base was a good choice.. - S0 -

I have a Kel-Tec P11. I broke it down and painted a subdued red paint job over the entire composite portion of the pistol. I'm going to air brush some white Stars over the red and then sort of camo over the Red and White with a subdued blue striping. I'll keep everyone informed on how it's going trough out the project with write ups and pics and hope some of you may be interested. Also, I would appreciate any advice, direction and such.

Post to follow.

Regards,

Greg

mountainman13 07-29-2012 10:58 PM

Looks pretty good. Airbrushing is tough. Just keep at it. Practice thin tight lines.
You should consider picking up duracoat colors. You can make good money just stripping down guns and doing multiple thin coats of a single color. Easy money.

peybella 07-30-2012 12:19 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Thank you - I am trying- I've dont a lot of camo on several rifles and a few pistols but want to get more into some detailed stuff. The Camo on my AK, SKS, and aother rifles have turned out great and just as you said, I'v been offered a lot of money for the AK. I have a custom Full barrel shroud/compensator ordered for it and then it will be complete. I just cant bring myself to sell the AK with the design I have in my head unfinished. The SKS was completed and even though I didn't want to sell it, I was made an offer I just couldn't refuse. I felt bad and wrote the guy telling him that the SKS was most likely not worth as much as he paid and that I would purchased it back from him if he wanted. He informed me that it just wasn't the SKS, it was the design I had chosen and was working up a name in the custome designs of rifles. He tolld me that he had already been offered a third more than what he paid for the rifle and that I couldn't have it back. He did as that if they sent the rifle back to me, could I sign the bottom part of the rifle butt. Of course I would and was floored that they would want that. I'll attach a couple pics of the AK that still needs a full barrel shroud/commpensator and a couple of the SKS. Hope you like them. I do a lot of customizations with the machanics of the rifles but it's the camo that lends the my signature that people like.

Regards.

Greg

mountainman13 07-30-2012 12:32 AM

Very nice. Keep at it and someday you could be famous.

petesrt4 08-04-2012 10:41 AM

Wow you have some great work. I like all the paint jobs you have done.

dog2000tj 08-04-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 886666)
Very nice. Keep at it and someday you could be famous.

might help if he cuts off his ear :p

peybella 08-05-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 892594)
might help if he cuts off his ear :p

You know - most LA\West Florida people would not have gotten that. I'm proud to say that I'm getting it with with only one ear in tact. lol - A Good one. However, Picasso was the man. I'm just a sloppy pre-schooler. I worked with the Air brush all night last night. Finally was able to paint an entire dragon (black) down on a large piece of plastic. I moved the stencil over just about 16th of an inch and then went over the black with a light green. BAM - I had a 3D painting of a dragon with cool detail and the works. I even added a flame coming from his mouth, touched him up and ended up with a very cool pic. Tried to do it again and ended up with a total glob of freaking mess. But I'll will continue practice. I must persevere.

petesrt4 08-05-2012 04:43 AM

Well peybella at least you can say all your work is one of a kind and even you cannot reproduce. hehe

peybella 08-05-2012 05:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since we are adopting - Reproducing is not as big a push as it used to be. (smile)

petesrt4 08-05-2012 06:00 AM

very nice!