Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Deep woods pattern for a varmit gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 31 Posts

Default Deep woods pattern for a varmit gun?

I'm wanting to paint my pellet gun and the .22 I'm getting (when ever I get enough damn money) to break up the outline amongst the tree bark, dead leaves, and undergrowth and whatnot. This was what I was thinking about doing with Krylon Camo spray paint:

*Paint the base coat Woodland Light Green
*Find different twigs and leaves and crap from the lower-level of the forest, use them as stencils
*Khaki second coat
*Mist over with bands of brown and olive drab, maybe use fine mesh while making the bands

It might look something like this crude drawing I threw together with a sharpie.

Anyone think this would turn out well? If you don't, then gimmie suggestions. And I realize that good camouflage isn't really necessary for this kinda game, but............I wanna do it anyway

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20855 Times on 11855 Posts
Likes Given: 52393

go to wal-mart and buy the Krylon camo paint, comes in four colors, olive drab green dark brown, black and sand tan. if possible, (don't know anything about pellet guns!) take the stock off the receiver, clean the stock very well. then wipe down with alcohol and spray a light coat of adhesion promoter, let dry at least an hour. then paint the base color at least two coats to insure good coverage. then just use stencils to mist a pattern here and there, changing colors as you go. here is an example of one of mine with the sand tan base. just to give you an idea on how i do it. there are lots of different ways to do camo, this is just my way.

camo-guns-shotguns-007.jpg   camo-guns-shotguns-008.jpg   camo-guns-shotguns-012.jpg  

Old 10-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's a very good job you did!

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20855 Times on 11855 Posts
Likes Given: 52393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
That's a very good job you did!
thank you, all my black synthetic stocks have been painted like this. this was the first one with the sand tan base, as all of the others i used olive drab greenfor the base color. i was going for more of a desert camo look this time.