ceakote

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > ceakote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have an M&P 9c and had someone powdercoat it in red, problem is it looks like poop, i need to know if there is anyone close to me in ohio or even some reputable company I can ship it to, that can get this powdercoat crap off and do a cerakote, and make it look like its suppose to! Please help!! Thanks

Last edited by koolkat; 02-28-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #2

Oh and btw its just the slide, its already taken apart and just a slide so no disassimbly required. And im close to dayton

Last edited by koolkat; 02-28-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #3

Liked 1128 Times on 733 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

I have used a industrial paint stripper to remove powder coat before , it takes a while and I highly suggest chemical proof gloves, goggles and a mask the stuff I used on the powdercoat stunk pretty bad . I have also heard of guys using carb cleaner and throwing their part in a heavy duty plastic bag and letting the fumes peel it back but havent tried that myself so I dont know how well it truely works. However do not get either of those 2 chemicals on anything plastic , its bad news if you do

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-28-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 AM   #4

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkat
Oh and btw its just the slide, its already taken apart and just a slide so no disassimbly required. And im close to dayton
Sand blast it the contact a custom shop that uses the creakote u can find them on line pretty easy