Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Beretta 92fs custom (looks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Beretta 92fs custom (looks)

Hey, I was looking in the safe and decided I'd decided I'd take my favorite gun, my 92, and give it a full custom job myself. First thing I'd thought I'd do is take off that crap blued finish. There's several chemicals out there for getting rid of it, so that's not an issue. I was wondering what I should do for the new finish. Maybe just go over the aluminum with a fine steel wool and give it a protective finish? Regardless, I was going to give the barrel a high polish finish. Ideas? Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #2

Liked 88 Times on 55 Posts

First, your frame is not blued, it's anodized. Common blue removers won't remove it.
Removing the bluing from the steel parts will leave you with a gun that is very susceptible to rust, and you will seriously devalue the gun.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Google: the samurai edge. It's a gun from resident evil the video game. It's a custom beretta 92. Badass.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There is different variants of it. Be creative. I want to do this to mine. But don't have money now for it.

image-449946904.jpg  

Old 03-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Only thing I did to mine so far was had Tooltech install trijicon night sights on it.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Oh, it is? Alright, anyone have a good chemical for de-anodizing a gun? I was going to use this as my protective coating, and this for my polish. On the note of the Samurai Edge from Resident Evil, yeah they are badass, but if you ever played Devil May Cry, I think I'd do something closer to Ebony and Ivory (Minus the obviously expensive compensators). In terms of grips, there's a place called Tommy2Feathers who can make grips out of any kind of wood and can carve or inlay something into them.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Never played devil may cry. Post a pic of those if u can. Would like to see them.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is the list the link gives.
Ebony & Ivory are both M1911-style handguns chambered for the .45 ACP round, and boast a plethora of customized features:
Both handguns have been customized with pivot-style triggers as opposed to the 1911's usual straight-pull trigger
Both feature custom sight systems; Ebony uses a set of target sights, while Ivory uses a pair of combat sights
Both feature ported muzzle compensators that reduce recoil and counteract muzzle flip. Both barrels are extend through the compensators and are ported to match the cuts in the compensators.
Both use custom slides that have been noticeably thickened and reinforced along the slide travel rails and around the chamber and firing mechanism. The result is a slide that bears a resemblance to SIG-Sauer's M1911 line.
Rails have been bolted to the forward portion of both frames. These rails are used to hold the compensators in place.
Both use double-stack magazines with slam-pads.
Both have gold-plated magazine releases, hammers, safety switches and triggers.
Ebony features a hooked, two-handed trigger-guard, while Ivory uses a more traditional rounded trigger-guard.
Both weapons use ergonomic wood grips which are inlaid with portraits of Victorian women; as befits their names, Ebony's is dark-haired, and Ivory's is fair-haired.
Ebony's Ejection port is located on the left side of the weapon, as opposed to the right side (as Ebony is meant to be used left-handed, this causes spent brass to be ejected away from Dante.)

ebonyivory_4.jpg  

Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, I know their 1911s. But let's be honest, who the hell could afford guns like these? A Beretta cost $650 brand new at Bud's (and I bought mine used in good condition for 500.) A good Sig Sauer 1911 is $1000 easy.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Those r cool.