Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Anyone used Black Hawk Custom in FL for Cerakote?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default Anyone used Black Hawk Custom in FL for Cerakote?

Just looking for some feedback on Black Hawk Custom in Davie FL. if you've had Cerakote work done there.

I'm considering having them do an AR15 Upper, Lower, Buffer Tube and Rail. They quoted $200 which is a little high compared to what I've heard others have payed, but I don't mind paying for quality.

Any experiences with them or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Thats about average.

I had my AR done at Dynamic Concepts Firearms & Training. They are awesome and did a great job. photo-4.jpg

Old 06-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks PistolGuRu! That looks badass! I'm trying to keep it local for me so that's why I was looking at Black Hawk Custom.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
PistolGuRu Likes This 
Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

A lot of prep goes into refinishing a firearm especially one like yours. Depending on the finish that it already has, the shop may have to rough up the finish by media blasting or parkerizing the parts prior to painting so that the paint will adhere properly. The price quoted you is a fair one in my opinion. That is what I charge.

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
A lot of prep goes into refinishing a firearm especially one like yours. Depending on the finish that it already has, the shop may have to rough up the finish by media blasting or parkerizing the parts prior to painting so that the paint will adhere properly. The price quoted you is a fair one in my opinion. That is what I charge.
I should clarify, by a little high I meant $200 but allot of people have been paying $175 or less. I understand the prep, I used to paint motorcycles and was a PPG certified tech as was my shop. Like I said I have no problem paying a little more if the job is done right.

It sounds like black hawk custom does it right as he said they blast everything per cerakote specs. Just wanted to make sure they do the rest of the job right and get full coverage in the areas especially on the BAR rail that will be difficult to get to.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ