Acorn Bolt Handle?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Engraving & Refinishing > Acorn Bolt Handle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Acorn Bolt Handle?

I am having a stock caved in an oak leaf pattern and I would like to get my bolt handle to look like an acorn. Can anyone suggest where I could get this done at or how I would be able to do it with what tools?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2007, 03:49 AM   #2

I don't know if I'd reccomend your trying this job as a first time project. Unless you've done a lot of metal working, you might want to hand this to an engraver.
I've done this kind of thing before and I'm sure there are others also. Check around, and know that whatever the price, it's probably worth it-if he/she is good.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatgurl View Post
I am having a stock caved in an oak leaf pattern and I would like to get my bolt handle to look like an acorn.
You've got a very interesting idea. I want to see a picture after it's done.

Like Bengraver said, I don't think I'd tackle that myself, unless you've got some experience carving steel.

It shouldn't be too difficult, it would certainly be possible with a Demel tool; but I'd want to practice carving the heads of a few 1/2" machine bolts first.

Please let us know what you are going to do, and if you do it yourself, take pix during your breaks.

"Those who have long enjoyed privileges as we enjoy, forget, in time, that men have died to win them."

Franklin D. Roosvelt