Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Sponsor Display (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f53/)
-   -   USMC Watches (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f53/usmc-watches-39842/)

Thomas Carey 03-16-2011 12:20 AM

USMC Watches

Check out the new line of USMC logo watches from the new brand Caliber created by a Marine for Marines.

Caliber : The CGA Company!, Your source for Lum-Tec watches and more.

300 series models.

OD Paracord/Survival

As this type of strap can not be sized in a practical way. The straps for this model come in the following wrist sizes.

6.5"

7"

7.5"

8"

8.5"

Please specify the wrist size you want when you place your order.

300 Series Specs:

316L stainless steel 44mm case
Japanese Miyota 2115 Quartz Movement
3 ATM water resistant
mineral crystal scratch resistant
Stainless steel crown
Stainless steel caseback
USMC logo on dial
Super Luminova on dial and hands
Lug width 24mm
Available with bead blast finish or PVD black plating

http://www.thecgacompany.com/catalog.../300-5_MED.png

311 series models.

pecs:

316L stainless steel 46mm case
Japanese Miyota T201 analog digital movement
Rotating bezel
20 ATM water resistant (about 200m)
mineral crystal scratch resistant
Stainless steel screw down crown
Stainless steel screw down caseback
USMC logo on dial
Super Luminova on dial and hands
Lug width 24mm
Available with bead blast finish or PVD black plating

The USMC 311 models are equipped with the Miyota T201 movement (Think Seiko.) and feature the following functions.

Analog Time

Alarm

Day/Date

Chronograph

2nd time zone

Back light
http://www.thecgacompany.com/catalog.../311-6_MED.png

whistlindixie 03-16-2011 01:10 AM

Ummm. . . Who is the manufactuer?

Thomas Carey 03-16-2011 01:18 AM

The new brand Caliber which is owned by a veteran of the watch industry. The owner is also a former Marine. The movements used are Miyota. The watches are officially licensed by the Marine Corps.

M14sRock 03-16-2011 04:23 AM

Any mechanical watches, or are they all quartz? Thanks!

And welcome aboard!

Thomas Carey 03-16-2011 05:08 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome. =)

The USMC watches are all quartz. Prices start at just $95.00 and top out at just $195.00. The brands owner wanted to deliver a product worthy of the USMC image while keeping it within the reach of as many people as possible.

We do of course carry watches with mechanical watches which you can find in the Lum-Tec brand. Prices though are a whole lot higher than the USMC watches. The USMC watches are really our entry level brand with Luminox being our mid level brand. Our current top brand is Lum-Tec.

Best,

Thomas Carey

dunerunner 03-16-2011 05:18 AM

I have a luminox that needs a battery and pressure test, do you do that or do I still have to ship it to the Luminox service center?

If so, where is that?

Oh.....Welcome to the FTF!! Great to have you aboard!!

M14sRock 03-16-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Carey (Post 465795)
Thanks for the warm welcome. =)

The USMC watches are all quartz. Prices start at just $95.00 and top out at just $195.00. The brands owner wanted to deliver a product worthy of the USMC image while keeping it within the reach of as many people as possible.

We do of course carry watches with mechanical watches which you can find in the Lum-Tec brand. Prices though are a whole lot higher than the USMC watches. The USMC watches are really our entry level brand with Luminox being our mid level brand. Our current top brand is Lum-Tec.

Best,

Thomas Carey

Thanks, Thomas. I'll check out the mechanicals!

whistlindixie 03-16-2011 06:30 AM

Pardon my manners. I was born in a barn. Welcome to FTF. :o

Thomas Carey 03-16-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 465799)
I have a luminox that needs a battery and pressure test, do you do that or do I still have to ship it to the Luminox service center?

If so, where is that?

Oh.....Welcome to the FTF!! Great to have you aboard!!

You will need to send that into the service center. For those that would consider taking their watch no matter what brand it is to any jeweler or battery swap place. Here is why you don't want to do that.

Those folks in many cases will not change the caseback seal, use a battery of the some quality or higher as the OEM, will not pressure test the watch to insure it is still water resistant after the battery is swapped. Lastly most will not then warrant their work which the Luminox service does for a 1 year period.

At times I am asked by people why they are getting fogging for example under their watch crystals. My first question is did you recently have your battery replaced? Guess what the answer is 99.9% of the time?

Some do get lucky and the old seal does it's job after the swap. But I often hear from people who state they are going through watch battery's every year when their original battery last several years. The reason is that in an effort to cut cost many shops are using batteries which are sub standard to say the least. Also those batteries are more likely to leak than a quality battery. When that happens your movement is toast.

On the watches I sell I tell folks that on a watch which does not have a chronograph, or alarm function. The original battery will last 3 to 5 years or more.

Jay 03-16-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

For those that would consider taking their watch no matter what brand it is to any jeweler or battery swap place. Here is why you don't want to do that.
... I don't want to do that, because many years ago, I bought a Citizen ECO-Drive. The watch face is a solar panel... no batteries. :)