Upswept Skinner with Deer Jaw Bone Handle
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display >

Upswept Skinner with Deer Jaw Bone Handle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Upswept Skinner with Deer Jaw Bone Handle

This handy skinner can field dress any North American game, or it would make a great addition to your collection. It measures 9 1/2-inches long over all. It features a 4 3/4-inch long blade with a 3 1/2-inch cutting surface. The blade is 1-inch wide. It is fabricated from 420c stainless steel. (A lot of people claim this is 440c stainless steel, but I can't prove it.) The blade's tang is deeply inserted into a mature Whitetail buck jaw bone handle. It is permanently attached with industrial strength epoxy. Brown sinew reinforces the blade's attachment to the handle. It also provides a smooth transition from the blade to the handle and creates an authentic cosmetic effect. The handle has been sterilized, sanded and polished. None of the teeth are missing and each is permanently glued in placed. I did not bleach the teeth white. Instead, I left their natural color. Bleaching the jaw bone also diminishes its structural integrity. For Forum members, it is $35 with free shipping in the continental U.S. Supporting Members take an additional $5 off. Contact Randy at rp50817@windstream.net. Feel free to call 402-443-4947 or 402-304-1422. The knife comes with a seven-day money back guarantee. Buyer pays return shipping. Arrangements can be made to craft a beautiful, high quality custom, handmade sheath for this knife if you're interested.
8h-002.jpg   8h-005.jpg   8i-002.jpg   8h-011.jpg   8h-012.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Unbelievably Beautiful!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #3

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Unbelievably Beautiful!
I can attest to this, I purchased almost the exact same knife of Randy for my Dad's x-mas present. The knives Randy crafts are art, there is no other way to describe them.