Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Sponsor Display (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f53/)
-   -   Taking Orders for Custom, Handmade Knives with Special Antler Hidden Tang Handles (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f53/taking-orders-custom-handmade-knives-special-antler-hidden-tang-handles-54487/)

rp50817 12-31-2011 06:19 PM

Taking Orders for Custom, Handmade Knives with Special Antler Hidden Tang Handles

4 Attachment(s)
Can now accept orders for custom, handmade, unique, one-of-a-kind fixed blade knives. Contact Randy Porter, who has crafted and sold hundreds of knives locally, throughout the United States and various foreign countries. Porter makes both steel blade and flint knapped obsidian blade knives. Many steel blades are fabricated from 440c high carbon stainless steel with a mirror finish. Other steel blades are manufactured with quality 420c stainless steel. Both are RC 56-58. His inventory of steel blanks for knife blades includes all sizes and styles such as drop points, clips points and upswept skinners. From small patch knives to the biggest bowie knives, Porter can nearly always meet a customer's specifications. If he can't, he is up front about it. His obsidian blades are knapped by the most talented lithic artists in the United States including Master Knapper Ron Saunders, a Native American of Cherokee descent. Their blades are sold internationally. Various sizes, styles and colors are available. Porter's knives feature specially treated elk or deer antler handles. Both have been finely sanded and polished. Elk antler handles are fitted with fancy, exotic wooden end caps. Deer antler handles have nice burrs with polished bone at the ends. Antler handles can be carved by nationally known artist Rob Roberts, also of Native American descent, with exquisite, lifelike three-dimensional images such as eagles, wolves and bears. The knife maker also uses deer and coyote jaw bone, ivory wart hog tusk and buffalo horn for handles. Or, supply your own antler for a handle. His knives have been praised by dozens of members of the Internet forum www.firearmstalk.com where he is a registered vendor. His feedback as an eBay seller is 100 percent. Mainstreet Jewelers in Plattsmouth, Neb., prominently displays an inventory of dozens of his knives for sale. Pilcher's Indian Store in Omaha, Neb., sells his obsidian blade knives. Friends on Porter's Facebook page compliment him regularly when he posts photos of his newest knives. Prices generally range from $50 to $150. Use this link to see a Facebook photo album which pictures recently crafted knives: Newest custom handmade knives | Facebook. Call 402-443-4947 or 402-304-1422. See Porter's website: Randy Porter's Custom Knives. Or, email rp50817@windstream.net.

towboater 12-31-2011 07:40 PM

Someday I will own a Randy Porter knife.

rp50817 12-31-2011 09:42 PM

Appreciate your kinds words

Thanks, man. It's always good to hear someone likes what I do. Happy New Year! You are always welcome to my installment plan - a little now, a little later.

jon1992d 12-31-2011 10:03 PM

Very nice! Would i be able to get a bowie knife mde out of either caribou or reighndeer horn? Also a machete made from one or the other?

jon1992d 12-31-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon1992d
Very nice! Would i be able to get a bowie knife mde out of either caribou or reighndeer horn? Also a machete made from one or the other?

I did like the beef eater thow. Hmmm i do have a birthday coming up.

rp50817 12-31-2011 10:57 PM

Reindeer or caribou horn

Really hard to find any affordable ones.