R.A.R.Guns Sidewinder Charging Handle - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display > R.A.R.Guns Sidewinder Charging Handle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Question can it be mounted for southpaw's? i have a buddy that would love this but hes backwards from most of the world!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 01-30-2011, 02:40 AM   #12

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

why doesn't it torq the part of the handle that is cut out to ride over/around the gas key? looks to me like it would bend (torq) it all outta whack!

Old 01-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
why doesn't it torq the part of the handle that is cut out to ride over/around the gas key? looks to me like it would bend (torq) it all outta whack!
It's been cycled over 1000 times so far and we haven't seen any problems. We are taking it out for field testing today. We will post some video later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
Question can it be mounted for southpaw's? i have a buddy that would love this but hes backwards from most of the world!
South paw won't work unless it's on a lefty upper. It would cost too much to build since there are not that many lefty uppers out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Si, si, ese muy interesante. $175 is a little off-putting, though
We doubled the original order to get the price down. It's now $124.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
And I thought my PRI M84 Gas Buster Charging Handle with the Combat Latch was expensive at $80.
See above. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Does yours vent the blow-back away from the shooter's face?

And yes, I'm very aware of, "...the planning, design, blue print, auto cad and patent lawyer cost." [sic]

And, I thought billet meant "one-piece"??
I've honestly never had that happen to me but this is built very similar to a BCM on the charging rod part.

When I was a machinist, billet meant milled, not stamped, molded, forged or extruded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Nice idea and by the presentation in the video it sure seems to work very well. I did have one question/idea,

Where you have the 2 long parts connected - with hex bolts, could you not attach the swinging lever at that point, thus shortening the overall length/protrusion of the device?

Just a thought when I first looked at it. Good luck
We extended the handle forward to make more like a true side charger. It makes easier to charge while in the prone position and when keeping the sights on target while charging.

We will be adding a tab to the right side to accommodate of hand charging.