Honest comments and opinions wanted... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display >

Honest comments and opinions wanted...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 06:56 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 5013 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default Go for the Manufacturers

Originally Posted by thefmsl.com View Post
-This thread is a replacement to a thread that I started several days ago. It was removed as I didn't have vendor status, but now it is back...

This product is not for sale yet.

I am the inventor, an avid shooter and though I am still very new to your forums, I am quickly becoming a huge fan of them. I have been extremely impressed by the positive and professional attitudes of both the forums users and it's staff. I have never felt so good about a place on the net as quickly as this one.

Anyway as I had started, before I rambled off in the last paragraph. I invented and patented a new gun-lock over the last several years and I would like honest comments and opinions on it from real people, before I take it to market.

I can only get so many biased comments from friends and family before I can't take it anymore, however fellow gun owners that I don't know can teach me a lot. I would rather speak to the people this can help, then the people that want to exploit it. Any input you can give would be very appreciated and help me in creating a reliable and safe overall finished design.

Home Page

I don't currently have a price point for these locks, but I can tentatively say that each unit will cost about half the price of a standard ammunition magazines full price.
I agree with the common thread here, innovative idea, never seen it before, but all new guns come with a trigger or cable locks. I prefer the cable locks because they work great to lock gear down in the back of my truck. Never actually put 1 on a gun because if it's not loaded, it's just a very expensive hammer. Those of us who take being armed seriously have bedside lock boxes, quick access to a loaded gun but keeps little hands away. I'd market it to the gun makers, there always looking for some accessory to make there product stand out. Think Springfield XD and the useless holster, mag pouch, and loading tool they come with. Great gun, worthless accessories, but genius marketing. Good Luck
Old 03-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #22
Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Looks like a great idea and a great product. I don't like the metal loop locks that come with most guns as they would be easily cut if the gun were stolen. Also, for those of us who only have a couple of guns and can't afford a nice safe yet, this would be a great product because if the gun were stolen it would keep the bad guys from using our firearms. Also it would make a great travel lock. For those worried about dust, I think this would be more of a security measure and keeping the gun in it's case while traveling would solve this. However on more expensive guns I understand your worry. Great idea and I think it is a great niche product. Don't give up on this thing, it will make you rich someday, good luck to you.
we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus
Old 03-06-2010, 07:44 AM   #23
Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Looks like an interesting idea. I wouldn't need one for home, but if I ever end up PCSing and have to drive through a non-firearm friendly state, I'd pick up a couple so I could keep them in my car.
"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory
Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #24
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Some how i could picture ruger including a lock like yours with their future handguns and rifles. It does seem like a solid invention for those with firearms and kids in the house. But i agree with the other posters I keep my guns locked and loaded most of all times. If its not loaded its getting cleaned or getting emptied at the range!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix
Old 03-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #25
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've seen a similar mag lock on a semi-auto recently while looking for my handgun but cannot recall which one.

The big difference is that (IIRC) the slide on them can be closed but I may be mistaken.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:32 AM   #26

you know i was thinking, i just got back tot he range today and i realized that there are alot of yahoos in california (i.e. dumba$$es with lots of guns and like no training) and i think that your invention should/might catch on with those people.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #27

I do like the AR lock. If they came keyed alike I would pick up 3.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #28
Default just a thought

I am pretty sure there is a gentleman on this site from the Netherlands. I am new here, so I apologize for not remembering your name. I do remember him mentioning his firearm laws on one thread though. I am pretty sure he said they had to be a member of a gun club to even own a firearm. He also said that they had to be locked and kept seperate from ammo, and that the law could demand to inspect them at random. I can't garauntee that all my details are exactly correct, but my point is that you might still have a viable market for that product of yours. It seems well designed, and firearms are an international sensation. Even though most owners in the US keep them locked and loaded, doesn't mean that it is appropriate everywhere else. I would just suggest doing your homework, or getting involved with someone familiar with all firearm regulations internationally....you might find more than a niche market, if you are willing to broaden the scope of your marketing. Just a thought. Good luck.
"Liberty cannot be caged into a charter and handed on ready-made to the next generation. Each generation must recreate liberty for its own times. Whether or not we establish freedom rests with ourselves."

- Florence Ellinwood Allen -
Old 03-28-2010, 03:52 AM   #29
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

be good if it had an LED keypad

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:51 AM   #30

I thought this over a couple of times and pondered over some replies. However, I can think of two uses personally. The first transporting of the firearm if required, and secondly a range situation if inexperienced shooters to show their weapons are safe and empty. I would not use them personally, as all my firearms outside of gun cabinates are ready to go to work with out preparation. Like loaded magazines, I don't believe compressed springs are that prone to failure, but lose tention from use, rather than compressed at rest.

gunlock, lock, magazine, patented, safety