Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display > Honest comments and opinions wanted...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Honest comments and opinions wanted...

-This thread is a replacement to a thread that I started several days ago. It was removed as I didn't have vendor status, but now it is back...

This product is not for sale yet.

I am the inventor, an avid shooter and though I am still very new to your forums, I am quickly becoming a huge fan of them. I have been extremely impressed by the positive and professional attitudes of both the forums users and it's staff. I have never felt so good about a place on the net as quickly as this one.

Anyway as I had started, before I rambled off in the last paragraph. I invented and patented a new gun-lock over the last several years and I would like honest comments and opinions on it from real people, before I take it to market.

I can only get so many biased comments from friends and family before I can't take it anymore, however fellow gun owners that I don't know can teach me a lot. I would rather speak to the people this can help, then the people that want to exploit it. Any input you can give would be very appreciated and help me in creating a reliable and safe overall finished design.

Home Page

I don't currently have a price point for these locks, but I can tentatively say that each unit will cost about half the price of a standard ammunition magazines full price.

Ryan Schaefer
ryan@thefmsl.com
http://www.thefmsl.com/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #2

Looks like a creative invention but honestly most people throw the locks that come with new guns in the round file as soon as they open the box.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The problem is, here in Texas we keep our guns loaded and ready. There's nothing more useless than a locked gun when its urgently needed.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

An innovative idea, for sure. I hope they do well for you.

Now, my thoughts:

Trigger locks come with most NIB firearms and for the most part can be used on several different makes. A trigger lock also allows for the action to be closed. I prefer this as to limit dust, lint and whatnot into the action. Just personal preference.

Now, if you could get some mfrs to use these as the main lock that comes with the gun, then you could do well. Better yet, get the few places that make it manadatory for a lock on a stored firearm to adopt them as an acceptable lock option.

Just my .02 that should be counted as .01

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

this actually looks like a very good idea! I wish you the most of luck! I would definitely get one or two!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #6

I think I would put a patent and copyright on those then contact the firearms manufactures and try to secure a contract. I don't think there is much if any of a market for locks in the civilian market. You might need to hire a marketing agent.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
An innovative idea, for sure. I hope they do well for you.

Now, my thoughts:

Trigger locks come with most NIB firearms and for the most part can be used on several different makes. A trigger lock also allows for the action to be closed. I prefer this as to limit dust, lint and whatnot into the action. Just personal preference.

Now, if you could get some mfrs to use these as the main lock that comes with the gun, then you could do well. Better yet, get the few places that make it manadatory for a lock on a stored firearm to adopt them as an acceptable lock option.

Just my .02 that should be counted as .01
+1 to all of this. I, personally, wouldn't buy one, for these reasons, but manufacturers might like the idea, and that's where the big bucks would be anyway.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think you have a great idea as far as firearms locks go but personally I would not buy one. I would prefer to keep my weapons in a safe without an individual lock on each. Outside of that I would keep my personal defense weapons secured in a manor to allow access as well as safety. I wish you the best of luck with your product.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #9

Liked 329 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 925

they would be nice for short term storage but personally i like my slide forward to relieve strain and ware on my springs so i myself would stick to my trigger locks.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #10

That's a great lock, but like most of us here, I would not use it. Again, patent it and market it to the manufacturers.

Tags
gunlock, lock, magazine, patented, safety