Free Gun Collection Inventory Database Software - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display > Free Gun Collection Inventory Database Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default NM Gun Collector built for XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890 View Post
Do u think I should use xp as the OS setting in wine to avoid issues? What exactly is the difference between the win version and the java version they look identical.
NM Gun Collector was built for XP so that would be an ideal setting for it. Although I tried to keep the best of NM Gun Collector when I wrote NM Collector there are some differences as can be seen if you compare the images in the on-line help for both. Here is the help for NM Gun Collector (which is Windows only) and here is the help for NM Collector (which is the rewrite for java). If you scroll through the help and look at the screen captures you should be able to see the differences.

Thanks!

Clay

Old 01-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmCollector

NM Gun Collector was built for XP so that would be an ideal setting for it. Although I tried to keep the best of NM Gun Collector when I wrote NM Collector there are some differences as can be seen if you compare the images in the on-line help for both. Here is the help for NM Gun Collector (which is Windows only) and here is the help for NM Collector (which is the rewrite for java). If you scroll through the help and look at the screen captures you should be able to see the differences.

Thanks!

Clay
I should've been more clear I meant the gun collecting side of it I don't much care for the knife and other tabs.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Old 01-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #13
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890 View Post
I should've been more clear I meant the gun collecting side of it I don't much care for the knife and other tabs.
So the java version is the only one that will run natively on a Mac. It has other collection types in addition to guns, however, you can hide whatever you don't want to use by selecting "Manage > Collection Types" from the main menu and deselecting any collection types that you do not want to show up in your tree view.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Another Free Gun Collecting Software Package

Found this one as well: Gun Collection Database | SourceForge.net.

I am not associated with this nor have I tried it but it does look like a worthy project. It appears to be much harder to install than NM Gun Collector but the author is attempting to keep it up to date with the latest ATF Software Requirements.

Clay

Last edited by nmCollector; 02-10-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: fix formatting