Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Sponsor Display (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f53/)
-   -   Free Gun Collection Inventory Database Software (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f53/free-gun-collection-inventory-database-software-55369/)

nmCollector 01-13-2012 12:09 AM

Free Gun Collection Inventory Database Software

Many of you may know of my NM Gun Collector Software. For many years it was a leader in the gun collecting software industry and offered for sale by Aim and Brownells. For a while, the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) even used to deliver a brochure of it with every rifle they shipped. When Microsoft changed their deployment standards with the release of Windows Vista they broke the standard installation of NM Gun Collector Software and required changes in the very structure of the program in order to fix the broken installation process.

I figured out a work around so NM Gun Collector Software can still be installed on Vista and Windows 7 but this change in Microsoft policy caused me to abandon the Microsoft development platform and move on to java where I created a whole new collection software for any collection and any platform (but that is another story and another product which does have a free version but is not the topic of this post). When I released the new software I stopped offering NM Gun Collector Software for sale.

Now I have decided to make this same full blown NM Gun Collector Software Inventory Database Program available to the gun collecting community for free. Please follow the INSTALLATION Instructions and you will be fine.

Thank you,

dhyayi 01-15-2012 02:40 AM

http://nanojpg.com/img/5/R.gif

Thanks for this free software....awesome

http://nanojpg.com/img/h/P.gif

nmCollector 01-15-2012 04:04 AM

You're welcome.

:)

Glasshartt 01-17-2012 12:31 AM

Thank you very much

nmCollector 01-17-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glasshartt (Post 679305)
Thank you very much

You're welcome too.

:)

ShadowArms 01-20-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmCollector
Many of you may know of my NM Gun Collector Software. For many years it was a leader in the gun collecting software industry and offered for sale by Aim and Brownells. For a while, the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) even used to deliver a brochure of it with every rifle they shipped. When Microsoft changed their deployment standards with the release of Windows Vista they broke the standard installation of NM Gun Collector Software and required changes in the very structure of the program in order to fix the broken installation process.

I figured out a work around so NM Gun Collector Software can still be installed on Vista and Windows 7 but this change in Microsoft policy caused me to abandon the Microsoft development platform and move on to java where I created a whole new collection software for any collection and any platform (but that is another story and another product – which does have a free version but is not the topic of this post). When I released the new software I stopped offering NM Gun Collector Software for sale.

Now I have decided to make this same full blown NM Gun Collector Software Inventory Database Program available to the gun collecting community for free. Please follow the INSTALLATION Instructions and you will be fine.

Thank you,

Does it work for a MAC?

XxChino13xX 01-20-2012 04:56 PM

Awesome, thank you for the software, downloaded and installed with no hiccups. I'm on the site now and I noticed that you have the program for the Android platform, are you going to be releasing an iOS version also?

nmCollector 01-20-2012 11:52 PM

NM Collector Software will run on a Mac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowArms (Post 683198)
Does it work for a MAC?

Sorry, NM Gun Collector Software is Windows only. However, my NM Collector Software will run on the Mac and has many of the same features as NM Gun Collector plus, in addition to tracking your gun collection with it, you can also use it to manage other collections besides just guns.

Thanks,

Clay

p.s., Thank you for your service. Did you spend any time at BAMC? I was there for many months while they treated my daughter who is in the Navy. They did a great job and she is again fit for duty.

nmCollector 01-20-2012 11:54 PM

No Plans for IOS version at this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxChino13xX (Post 683233)
Awesome, thank you for the software, downloaded and installed with no hiccups. I'm on the site now and I noticed that you have the program for the Android platform, are you going to be releasing an iOS version also?

Sorry, no plans for an IOS version at this time.

Thanks,

Clay

linuxuser3890 01-21-2012 06:50 AM

Do u think I should use xp as the OS setting in wine to avoid issues? What exactly is the difference between the win version and the java version they look identical.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk