Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display > FREE Gun Cleaning Cotton Swabs til 2/15/08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FREE Gun Cleaning Cotton Swabs til 2/15/08

My name is Dean and I am the founder of a company that sells gun cleaning cotton swabs. I started this because having served active duty as a member of the USAF Security Forces; I would hate having to clean my weapons after firing them. I was always given the standard cleaning tools, the cleaning rod with brushes, an old toothbrush, a couple of drug-store cotton swabs and a pile of patches.

Anyway, as a civilian I continued using the tools that I was trained with, but always finding it a royal pain trying to get in all the “nooks and crannies” with what I had. I felt that the drug-store (or “health and beauty”) cotton swabs would be fine, but only if they were stronger and more durable. A couple of different tip-sizes and shapes would be great, as well. I checked out my local gun shops, big-box sporting good stores, catalogs and websites, but couldn’t find what I was looking for.

Anyway, I spent over 6 months doing a ton of research and testing almost every type of cotton swab manufactured until I found the best. I finally did and called them “G-Tip Gun Cleaning Swabs”.

I have received phenomenal feedback from everyone who has used these, but I need to do more market research. Part of that is coming to great resources such as this message board for fellow shooters.

Until February 15th, I am offering a free sample pack of G-Tip Gun Cleaning Swabs in exchange for your honest feedback and opinion. To take advantage of this offer, please private message me your name and address or contact me through my website, www.bearmetalclean.com and I’ll send a pack out.

Thanks,

Dean

"Clean your gun to the Bear Metal"
http://www.bearmetalclean.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

We were issued long, wood, medical type cotton swabs that worked well. Do you have any pictures of what you have available?

Old 01-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #3

Hi Matt,

I do offer those, but there are other ones as well that are different sizes and shapes that get into tough to reach places such as retaining pin recesses.

You can see the G-Tips on my website, www.bearmetalclean.com. I also have videos of them in action here, http://www.bearmetalclean.com/gun-cleaning-videos.html.

Thanks,

Dean

Old 01-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMetalClean View Post
Hi Matt,

I do offer those, but there are other ones as well that are different sizes and shapes that get into tough to reach places such as retaining pin recesses.

You can see the G-Tips on my website, www.bearmetalclean.com. I also have videos of them in action here, http://www.bearmetalclean.com/gun-cleaning-videos.html.

Thanks,

Dean
I'll visit the site and look forward to my sample. There are some tricky areas to get gunk out of on my 1911.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #5

UPDATE - 1/29/08: Thanks for the great responses! All the requests to this date have been shipped and are in the mail.

This offer is still good until 2/15/08. Please private message me or contact me via the customer service page on my website if you want a free sample.

Thanks,

Dean

Old 01-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Fre Gun Cleaning Swabs!

HELLO ALL

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I PM'ed Dean and received a set of his great cleaning products! I'm still in the middle of tsting all that he sent, but I can say hands down these beat the Medical swobs we were issued, as well as many others I have tried over the years!

I plan to forward a complete test report to the web site, but I can say for now, these are great items and aif all perform as the ones I've tried so far do, they are Number 1!

Old 01-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #7

Hi Ron,

That is great. I look forward to your report!

Thanks,

Dean

Old 02-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

gotta admit i was a little yea yea bout these but after 2000 rounds thru my AK and AR yesterday today was clean up day. they worked pretty dam good and gotta admit they didnt fall apart like regular q-tips. If i could change one thing about them it would be to make the sticks out of a hard plastic instead of wood. Dont know if it was couple rough one or what but they have a few real tiny splinters on some of the edges ..... overall...... 8 out of 10 for them. Thanks for letting me try them out .

Old 02-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #9

Righteous,

Thanks for the feedback!

Dean

Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

These look like just the thing to get into the difficult nooks and crannies in my guns. I'm surprised at how dense the tips are too. Expect a full order from me once I've used up my samples.

Thanks much!