FireArmsTalk Off-Roaders!!!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display >

FireArmsTalk Off-Roaders!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FireArmsTalk Off-Roaders!!!

Although i have posted up our hearing protectors and range bags. I thought maybe you Gunnies were into other expensive hobbies as well.

We produce the best off-road intercom and 2-way radio set ups in the industry at factory direct prices for anyone looking to have fun out in the dirt/sand/trail.

FireArmsTalk Off-Roaders!!! - Sponsor Display

FireArmsTalk Off-Roaders!!! - Sponsor Display

Check out our Rugged Radios - Rugged Race Products, Rugged Radios is the #1 Racing Radios Communications Manufacturer 888-541-7223 for all your communication needs!

chrisbrown@RuggedRadios.com
1 (888) 541-RACE

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Looks nice but my trail rig isn't that loud and I'm too poor to get into racing.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #3

Liked 92 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Looks like great radio gear for the racer, but I still use the old CB in my 4-wheeler, as do most of my off road buddies.

Jim..............

Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #4

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Do you have built in helmet 2 way comm systems. Just got my SCCA liscense back a few months ago and am still qualified for Formula Ford racer. Looking at formula Ford or Indy Light to pruchase and road race. Infineon Raceway and Laguna Seca will be the tracks I,ll mostly be racing on as I am familiar with them. Will be using full face helmet with tear offs and HANS device.

Past 50 Y.O. and I guess I,m going through mid life crisis as I seem to be resurrecting the past adventures of my youth!

Last edited by mrm14; 08-03-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #5

Go for it.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
Do you have built in helmet 2 way comm systems. Just got my SCCA liscense back a few months ago and am still qualified for Formula Ford racer. Looking at formula Ford or Indy Light to pruchase and road race. Infineon Raceway and Laguna Seca will be the tracks I,ll mostly be racing on as I am familiar with them. Will be using full face helmet with tear offs and HANS device.

Past 50 Y.O. and I guess I,m going through mid life crisis as I seem to be resurrecting the past adventures of my youth!
I don't often idolize random internet folk, but so far, I'm impressed. I love to take a few hot laps of Sears Point.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #7

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Well Matt, it doesnt cost as much as other types or classes of auto racing. I've been checking out Formula Fords for sale and so far you can get a good used one for between $9000.00 to $14,000, and some deals include the trailer and some spare parts. They run 1.6 litre water cooled Ford motors and they need very little work to keep them running competively. The only cost that can get you sometimes is when you wreck them. And this will happen. And of course theres tires. Not to mention the cost of getting liscensed to drive these. However, liscensing is mostly a one time cost.

A person can get into a Formula 'V' for even less money and it is a good way to start. They run air colled VW motors that just seem to last forever.

They say a Formula Ford can run to 140 to 150 MPH, but thats in the straights. Average lap MPH is more like 85 to 100 MPH.
Formula 'V's are even slower lap MPH. more like 75 to 90 MPH.

One should be apprised that these are open wheel cars that can hurt or kill you fairly quickly.

My left foot now has prosthetic bones and ankle in it from a wreck in 1984, which also partially caused my divorce. I bought another car in 1985 and the wife couldnt take it anymore having me play on the track. She indirectly got the car in the divorce settlement by 1987. (had to sell for cash to pay off settlement)

Old 08-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post

Ya we do a lot of helmet set ups. we supply alot of the NASCAR team dealers with all their earbuds, helmet kits, harnesses etc. check out our site Rugged Radios - Rugged Race Products, Rugged Radios is the #1 Racing Radios Communications Manufacturer 888-541-7223 ... we have everything mapped out pretty well on there

1 (888) 541-RACE

Old 08-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #9

Bump for a set up that would make any off roader happy

1 (888) 541-RACE