Excellent Selection of Blades and Handles for Custom Handmade Knives
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display > Excellent Selection of Blades and Handles for Custom Handmade Knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Excellent Selection of Blades and Handles for Custom Handmade Knives

I've been shopping — big time. I have dozens of high quality steel blanks for knife blades of all styles and sizes. I also have a half dozen of the finest flint knapped obsidian blades in the country. Naturally, I have dozens of finished elk antler handles fitted with fancy wooden end caps to match any blade. Or, perhaps you would like a coyote or deer jaw bone handle, a buffalo horn handle, or one made from an ivory wart hog tusk. I'll also make knives using antlers provided by the customer for handles. From patch knives to monster bowie knives, I have the materials, skill and experience to make you the custom handmade knife you've always wanted. Each is unique and one-of-a-kind and can never be duplicated. The knives can, however, be passed from generation to generation. Each comes with a money-back guarantee, but I've never had a knife returned or an unsatisfied customer. My feedback as an eBay seller is 100 percent. A Nebraska jewelry/gift store has a display case featuring 50 of my knives. No deposit is required, but they are appreciated. There's no commitment until you see photos of the finished knife emailed to you. Why pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a handmade knife when you can get one that meets your approval at an affordable price. I also now provide leather sheaths. They are handmade and extremely high quality at a fair price. Contact Randy at rp50817@windstream.net. Feel free to call 402-443-4947 or 402-304-1422. Let me email you photos of blades and handles for your consideration. The link below to a Facebook photo album shows only a few of the hundreds of knives I've made. Click on a picture to enlarge it. Many photos have captions with detailed descriptions. Thanks for looking.
Randy
Newest custom handmade knives | Facebook

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2011, 05:19 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My timing sucks, but my moral concience is intact! I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

Love your work! It shines!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

You've got some beautiful knives there Randy. We're moving, but once we get settled in and our finances rebound, I'll be contacting you for another knife or two.

BTW folks, a number of us own Randy's knives and they are fine knives. Randy is a man of integrity and will treat you right.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-22-2011, 06:20 AM   #4

Thank you very much. I think the key to the approval I've received from customers is that I'm not into knife making for my livelihood or to make a big profit. Each time I ship a knife to a customer, I'm very concerned that it might not meet his expectations. I worry about even the most minor flaw or defect which most people don't even notice. I'm very gratified when the customer notifies me how pleased he is with the knife. My prices may have something to do with satisfied customers. They are considerably less expensive than those found on websites for custom handmade knives. I don't raise the cost of the materials. I just add a flat fee for labor. I don't make people pay me in advance although some do. Even though someone orders a knife, they don't have to keep their commitment to buy if they don't like what they see — in photos or up close in person. I wish I had more time to devote to making knives. I travel on business 26 weeks each year. I am considering having a machine shop do the cutting and grinding I now do by hand on steel blanks. From what I understand, a vertical end milling machine can do the cutting and grinding lickety split and with far greater precision. I wonder how much it will cost.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #5

Default Small Glimpse of My Material Inventory

Here are a few of my steel blanks, obsidian blades, finished handles, sheaths and other material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp50817 View Post
I've been shopping — big time. I have dozens of high quality steel blanks for knife blades of all styles and sizes. I also have a half dozen of the finest flint knapped obsidian blades in the country. Naturally, I have dozens of finished elk antler handles fitted with fancy wooden end caps to match any blade. Or, perhaps you would like a coyote or deer jaw bone handle, a buffalo horn handle, or one made from an ivory wart hog tusk. I'll also make knives using antlers provided by the customer for handles. From patch knives to monster bowie knives, I have the materials, skill and experience to make you the custom handmade knife you've always wanted. Each is unique and one-of-a-kind and can never be duplicated. The knives can, however, be passed from generation to generation. Each comes with a money-back guarantee, but I've never had a knife returned or an unsatisfied customer. My feedback as an eBay seller is 100 percent. A Nebraska jewelry/gift store has a display case featuring 50 of my knives. No deposit is required, but they are appreciated. There's no commitment until you see photos of the finished knife emailed to you. Why pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a handmade knife when you can get one that meets your approval at an affordable price. I also now provide leather sheaths. They are handmade and extremely high quality at a fair price. Contact Randy at rp50817@windstream.net. Feel free to call 402-443-4947 or 402-304-1422. Let me email you photos of blades and handles for your consideration. The link below to a Facebook photo album shows only a few of the hundreds of knives I've made. Click on a picture to enlarge it. Many photos have captions with detailed descriptions. Thanks for looking.
Randy
Newest custom handmade knives | Facebook
8p-004.jpg