Food for Additional Thought and Discussion
Features for Next Release of NM Collector Software
* Digitally sign all installations and executables with Certificate from Certification Authority (in progress now).
* Auto save (write to disk) option with customer specified time interval.
* Auto backup option with customer specified time interval.
* Auto update option to keep changes automatically when changed.
* Comment fields for receipt and disposition.
* Adjust activation message on splash screen - no need to request activation when you have a lifetime activation!
* Option to exclude "Container Folder" only items from reports. There is the ability to just create folders in the tree view to hold other items. These folders can also be items themselves. Need flag to determin if folder is an item that should show in the reports or just a container for other items only.
* If click Delete button a warning should come up asking "are you sure you want to Delete this item." Alternative - Trash folder with the option to empty it?
* Revisit Android and iOS interfaces.
* Make export / import processes consistent.
* Remove "android" from export / import menu items or make a separate iOS menu items.
* Put button to Satisitics page in more locations.
* Right click for paste to notes and comments fields.
* Replace "Keep" and "Write" buttons with a single "Save" button.
* "Keep" saves current changes to memory.
* "Write" saves all data to disk.
* Option: List View alternative to Tree View.
* Sort in Tree View - and/or - List View.
* More flexible date entry format.
Suggestions Still Under Consideration:
* Option: Auto hide collections with no data. Allow for showing if decide to enter data.
* Link items from one collection type to another. For example, link ammo to firearms.
* Print a Range Card for any particular weapon to go to the range. "Items like numbers of rounds fired, failures, temp, wind condtions, location etc would be great. Then when you come back if you could enter the info into a file by date you have a history of the weapon in question. Also if you could assign ammunition to a firearm so when you enter in your number of shots fired, it automatically adjusts your quantity for that lot of ammunition when you enter in your range card results."
* Insurance Inventory Report sorted by Serial Number to make it easier to look up items. NOTE: can use "find" button for this, or sort by Serial Number in Statistics window, or export current Insurance Inventory Report to Excel (or Open Office) to sort however you like.
* Load multiple pictures at once. Why not enable drag and drop? Can we see thumbnails when adding pictures?
* Bulk Deletes.
* Ability to print pictures individually.
* Report with 4 pictures per page.
* Filter / Find in Stats window.
* Improved check for update. NOTE: I do not want to automate this because I do not want the system accessing the internet unless specifically told to do so. May add a check for update button or menu item.
* Maintenance Due Report.
* Report Wizard to build custom reports - selected fields, sort order, filter, etc.