affordable night sights - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Sponsor Display > Sponsor Display >

affordable night sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by either View Post
good for 10 years, hth can you afford centerfire practice ammo? You need to fire several thousand rds per year, at 15c each, even for reloads, and that's $500 a year.
Wow, who's your gunsmith?
Anyone charging $150 for tritium night sights needs to be talked to. Then again, anyone who will pay $150 needs something too...

Old 11-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by either View Post
Installed? I doubt it, especially on models where they are not factory options.
Dude, while I offer Kudos for your helping the economy to "Spring Back",
You really ought to try some do-it-yourself stuff.
Quit paying full price for everything.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Looks like just the product I need to refresh the sights on my pistol. I just ordered some. Can't wait to get it!

Old 11-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #24

Default Flush dots

A good number of our customers who used Glow-On in the past report they used to spiff up their old sights.

As we all know the gun's sighs are the first think to take a beating, more so because most three dot sights are the receded dot type,(a dimple) and burnt powder residue tends to accumulate inside, plus if the dots are too small, it makes them difficult to clean.

An application of Glow-On SP, should make things better: Just fill in the dots, slice the rest with a Xacto knife , a layer of transparent colorless nail polish and presto. This photo shows a pistol with fixed sights, the front dot has been filled up with Glow-On creamy pigment

affordable night sights - Sponsor Display

But, how do I clean them in case they get soiled? Do I need to use a special solvent? Absolutely not, a small disposable hand wipe should be enough for that, no mess, no fuss.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 11-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As gatopardo just mentioned, the fixed sights on my KelTec P11 were damn near impossible to see because they were so soiled! They just looked like black squares, the dots had completely disappeared. I just finished applying 3 coats of GlowOn and then 2 coats of clear nail polish, and here's the results.

You could say the difference is like night and day! (pun intended)
affordable night sights - Sponsor Displayaffordable night sights - Sponsor Display

Old 12-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #26

smart idea. but it wouldnt last for hours in the dark tho ? And it is a paint in the butt to put those on..

Old 12-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #27

Default Appreciation package is good for the month of December

Appreciation package is good for the month of December,
We've received a great number of emails with a very positive feedback about the inclusion of this "Appreciation package", so for the time being and not to leave anyone behind, it will be included on any order.

Note: The appreciation package is the Glow-On Self adhesive small squares and the strips, good enough to enhance any TV remote, so it won't get lost anymore, will be included in the purchase of:

- Single vial: One small vial, instructions and applicators, $13.31 S&H included.

or

-Single vial plus self adhesive: One small vial, instructions and applicators, a small 2"x3.75"self adhesive card for custom applications $19.31 S&H included.

Al you have to do is let us know where you learn of this product when you order, easy.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #28

Default Glow-on for December?

Can't wait to try this stuff on my new Kimber. Meprolight sights are currently out of stock.

Last edited by RossArnette; 12-03-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #29

Default Enhance or restore your gun sights

Most of us who own pistols with fixed sights face sooner or later the fact that they cannot be changed for something better. The argument can be made (and is often made), "those fixed sights are all I'm gonna need to get the job done", right, but in this world we don't have to get stuck with anything, car wheels, cellphones etc. we can replace, wife and our bald head, well, we are stuck with them.
But just the same way we can make our wife prettier if we give her flowers and taker out to dinner and our head will look good with a cool hat, well, fixed sights can be enhanced too.

There are a number of products in the market we can use, but today we are referring to Glow-On Super phosphorescent.

We are using for this example the famous Keltec PF, a very popular 9mm shooter,CC compact.

In a single vial package of GLow-On there is everything we need to get the job done: The Pigment and the small pouch of self adhesive in the appreciation package we are shipping inside.

Check all weapons are unloaded and there is no ammo in the room whenever we work on our weapon to avoid the possibility of injury

Here we appreciate the original simple sights with the white dots, we use a simple clamp t hold our weapon in position and we are ready to apply the Glow-On pigment:

Using the applicator we dab in the front sight full, swipe the excess and wait about one hour for it to be safe and proceed:

We are ready now to apply the self adhesive, measure twice and cut once for this one, we make sure we cover as much area as possible, this is not so much about looks as it is about picking those sights fast, with Glow-On the bigger the area, the brighter. We measure and cut the notch with the help of a Xacto knife , check for size and apply it.
the adhesive part will not hold by itself in virtue of the small area so we apply a couple of layers of transparent nail polish which in reality is one of the stronger plastic polymers available.

Here is the final result: No words are necessary here to describe the difference:

A small degree of dexterity is necessary to do this job, but all in all if I can do it with my sausage looking fingers anyone can

Visit Glow-On for more info.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

Old 12-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietboy1st View Post
smart idea. but it wouldnt last for hours in the dark tho ? And it is a paint in the butt to put those on..
From post #1 - -Long afterglow: It glows for up to 10 hours.

From my experience - It was very easy to apply. The wood sticks supplied (or a tooth pick) are an excellent way to apply.

**And I have terrible shaky hands. The nice part, if you manage to get paint where it shouldn't be (i did once), just wipe it off with a small cloth. **