Zombie Survival Plan?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Zombie Survival Plan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Zombie Survival Plan?

Sorry if this is a little too childish for a topic this serious, but as a military cadet I have a lot of boring free time, and this is often a topic of discussion, and I want to know what you guys think about it, and what yours are?

Mine is set sail in the R.H. Ledbetter (3 masted frigate at the school I attend over the summer) armed with Marine Cavalry/Officer Sabers, 12 gauge pump action shotguns with all the boxes of shells we can carry, several crates of MREs, with a person guarding the dock sitting in an old WWII tank (don't know which, but we know where to get it) with a howitzer pointing down the dock loaded (with blanks, but we've seen that the cone of force is more than enough to throw a person a couple feet and cause severe burns) ready to clear the dock for our landing to pick up more supplies. We've also considered having a team armed with a scoped .30-.06 sitting in the bell tower with the stairs broken off to pick off any extras, but didn't know how long they would survive. Yours?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8863 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

I plan to shoot them with the military surplus rifle I got from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. I don't think they have any more of these, and the ammo is starting be hard to find- I only have 2 dozen rounds left.

M65 Recoiless Nuclear Rifle - Desi Video Network

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #3

Lol. I didn't realize you were joking around at first. I totally missed the link.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8863 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Quote:
you were joking around
You're sure about that, huh?

Once had a friend that had his own AH-1G Cobra. Funny what used to come up in some of the surplus actions.........

But you DO have to admit that the Davy Crockett would be a most EXCELLENT zombie gun.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #5

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

You should never joke around when it comes to zombies! Stay alert, be prepared and trust no one who staggers and groans

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
You should never joke around when it comes to zombies! Stay alert, be prepared and trust no one who staggers and groans
That sounds suspiciously like some of my fellow paratroopers on a weekend night...

Old 09-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

seriously me and the family all have a spot to meet. middle of no where in the mountains where we have a farm house and lots of land theres plenty of fresh water and game with a few abandoned old houses that can be used as bug out shelters for escape. we all have tons of guns and im currently building my zombie slayer. will have several different guns some just for hunting some just for the horde. were all farmers carpenters hunters and in general jacks of all trades. i think we do well for a while.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 10-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
Sorry if this is a little too childish for a topic this serious, but as a military cadet I have a lot of boring free time, and this is often a topic of discussion, and I want to know what you guys think about it, and what yours are?

Mine is set sail in the R.H. Ledbetter (3 masted frigate at the school I attend over the summer) armed with Marine Cavalry/Officer Sabers, 12 gauge pump action shotguns with all the boxes of shells we can carry, several crates of MREs, with a person guarding the dock sitting in an old WWII tank (don't know which, but we know where to get it) with a howitzer pointing down the dock loaded (with blanks, but we've seen that the cone of force is more than enough to throw a person a couple feet and cause severe burns) ready to clear the dock for our landing to pick up more supplies. We've also considered having a team armed with a scoped .30-.06 sitting in the bell tower with the stairs broken off to pick off any extras, but didn't know how long they would survive. Yours?
What about when you need to dock for supplies? Zombies don't need to breathe, so they can cross the body of water that you are on and be waiting for you when you get there. You should read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac View Post
What about when you need to dock for supplies? Zombies don't need to breathe, so they can cross the body of water that you are on and be waiting for you when you get there. You should read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.
Thats what we have the howitzer for. The cone of force is enough to take out most of the things on the dock. If you put a pool ball in, it'll rip through several inches of steel.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 206 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Ploofy---treat it as a serious exercise. Heck, write it up, you might get extra credit.

You are a cadet in Wisconsin. Has to be St. John's in Delafield.

The Ledbetter is docked in Lake Maxinkuckee Indiana.

The mission---Get from the academy to the boat, then to a zombie safe area.

Where you are to where the boat is is 220 miles more or less. Chicago
is between the two points, and it's ALREADY a huge Zombie nest. How
you gonna do it?

Stay on the landlocked lake? Survival Probability?

Transport the boat overland to lake Michigan? Your chances?

FWIW--at the muzzle velocities you can develop with a tank main gun of
any era, you might blast a pool ball through 1/4" of steel plate. Maybe.