Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Zombie plan (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/zombie-plan-48861/)

retro32 09-26-2011 07:29 PM

Zombie plan

Me and my friends always wonder what our zombie plans would be during the zombie apocalypse. Like barricade a supermarket or mall, head to alaska an such. So I was just wondering, what's your zombie plan?

cameronguyton 09-26-2011 07:45 PM

If it is "Night of the Living Dead" zombies, stock up on a s**t load of ammo. If "Return of the Living Dead" zombies, I just need one round.

Toll13 09-26-2011 08:15 PM

Save the last round for yourself.

Holding up in a store will be hard. Too many people will think the same. Lots of Zeds. Stay on the move far from big cities. Stock up when you can. No place is safe, only safer.

trip286 09-26-2011 10:14 PM

In a massive zed outbreak, like movie scale, I would stay on the move and away from cities except on raiding/scavenging trips. In this scenario, there wouldn't be as many people competing for survival, but trying to survive in the face of uncle zed. Zed doesn't hunt, munch on twinkies, use running water, need meds, or any such thing.

Sleep in trees, or an elevated secure position.

Carry what you need to survive (it's surprising what you discover you don't need because you no longer have it.

Silent weapons, such as high end slingshots, crossbows, a silenced .22 (with plenty of ammo) and melee weapons with good puncturing abilities (think fire axe, pick, or possibly sharpened crow bar)

If you survive to find a place with a tolerably low zed population... FORTIFY!!

And then survive... veggie garden, hunting (preferably with something like a bow, or trapping) set up sanitaries or something that will serve, such as a slit trench or burn outhouse. SHELTER. (a cargo container would be excellent, but how to get your hands on one and possibly transport it would be the problem)

texaswoodworker 09-26-2011 11:06 PM

I'd pack up and head north to Alaska. I'd go live on one of those state parks that are right in the middle Alaska where even before an apocalypse, very few people ever even saw. I'd cut down a lot of trees and build a cabin (more like a lodge. I would have a lot of free time.:)) and hunt the millions of caribou that travel through that area. :D

SmithKid308 09-27-2011 12:25 AM

Keep everything on the second floor and stock up as much **** as possible and bust up the stairs lol they ain't getting to u now just kill till your hearts content

Mr_1911 09-27-2011 01:19 AM

Hijack a sailboat stock it with as much food, ammo, and guns maybe some weapon cleaning materials and head to an island in the ocean. That's my plan.

PowderBurnBassist 09-27-2011 01:43 AM

1. Steal large vehicle with at least 1/2 tank of gas
2. Rob local super store for all ammo and weapons possible
3. Steal as much salt you can find (to preserve meat )
4. Load or steal water
5. Steal gas on the go
6. Keep moving.
7. Kill or destroy any threat to myself or my family without hesitation
8. Scavenge tools and other supplies on the go

This is just very basic.

texaswoodworker 09-27-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowderBurnBassist (Post 587588)
1. Steal large vehicle with at least 1/2 tank of gas
2. Rob local super store for all ammo and weapons possible
3. Steal as much salt you can find (to preserve meat )
4. Load or steal water
5. Steal gas on the go
6. Keep moving.
7. Kill or destroy any threat to myself or my family without hesitation
8. Scavenge tools and other supplies on the go

This is just very basic.

1. It's not stealing if it is abandoned.
2. see 1.
3. see 1. and 2. Also, there are huge mines that you could get all the salt you could possibly ever use.
4. You probably will have to steal water (most people will already have taken it) or you could get water out of a pond or creek and boil it.
5. see 1. 2. and 3.
6. good idea
7. really good idea
8. just plain smart.

Sounds like a good plan.:D

BenLuby 09-27-2011 05:10 AM

Don't forget a dutch oven as well. Comes in handy.