Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

So I did a quick "zombie" search and didn't find anything In the nature of what I was looking for ( correct me if I'm wrong which I know you will dde01) So with that in mind; In the instance of a Zombie apocalypse what would be your coarse of action? Keeping in mind a few things such as: a chaos environment, I.e. no government, no civilized amenities, etc. Would you hold up in your house or current location, or would you move to a new one? Would you be alone or form a squad? Where would you go and how would you get there? How would you deal with an enemy you can't simply wait out or tire out, who doesn't need to replenish supplies? What would be your weapons and ammunition of choice and what would be your EDC (every day carry)equipment and what would be in your survival pack??

BONUS QUESTION: Four zombies approaching at average walking speed: 1 off to the left at 10yrds, 2nd to the right at 5yrds, 3rd to the rear at 5yrds, and 4thdirectly to your left side on the ground, no legs crawling just feet away with a thirst for blood!

-You have a semi automatic handgun and a ka-bar on your hip. One round stove pipe, with 1 left in the mag. and another mag holding only a single round. What do you do??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'm taking a pass as this has been asked a few times. But the title reminded me of the best book on the subject EVAH!!

Zombie Survival Guide for the WIN!!

the_zombie_survival_guide_front.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well after saving the wife getting my weapons and ammo I will head the the nearest gun store and empty it then off to Wally world to make it home base till the food runs out. Lol.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #4

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
I'm taking a pass as this has been asked a few times. But the title reminded me of the best book on the subject EVAH!!

Zombie Survival Guide for the WIN!!
I have that book!!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #5

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Addressing the question: If these are the regular walking zombies, and not Hollywood Olympic sprinter zombies, I would simply walk away at a leisurely pace. Kill 'em later.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #6

max brooks zombie survival guide was indeed a good "read" and I do agree if its zombies circa George romero night of the living dead, then no worries, for now ...if its dawn of the dead 02 remakes then Houston we may have Problem.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #7

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal408 View Post
BONUS QUESTION: Four zombies approaching at average walking speed: 1 off to the left at 10yrds, 2nd to the right at 5yrds, 3rd to the rear at 5yrds, and 4thdirectly to your left side on the ground, no legs crawling just feet away with a thirst for blood!

-You have a semi automatic handgun and a ka-bar on your hip. One round stove pipe, with 1 left in the mag. and another mag holding only a single round. What do you do??
Since the handgun is out of commission it is only useful as a blunt instrument - address/confront the nearest threat first - curb stomp the zombie's head at my feet into meringue pie. Turn 90 degrees and hammer blow the to the top of the crown of the zombies' head with tip of the k-bar. Turn another 90 degrees while attempting to clear handgun, if unsuccessful use a 2 handed lunging thrust ramming the k-bar point between the eyes of the zombie. Turn 180 degrees while attempting to clear handgun, if unsuccessful use handgun as a hammer and break open zombies cranium (aiming for either side of the skull as it is the weakest point), once cranium is shattered use k-bar to kill zee brain

then look for twinkies

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #8

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

It's not a good book actually. Read it and concluded it was an embarassing preliminary attempt at thinking about planning an outline of a draft to sketch the idea from a concept to write a book about Zombie crud. It was on the discount rack before the ink was dry.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would wake up, turn on the light, and go make a nice cup of tea.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I won't go anywhere. My home is my castle. I will stand my ground. And remember the American Indian's adage before battle: "Today is a good day to die."