Your BOB must - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Your BOB must

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Compass, if you know how to use one.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #12

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Well I don't have a BOB per say, but I do keep a backpack for hiking and camping which is always loaded with enough dehydrated food stuff and energy bars for several days. The only item I can think of that has not been mentioned here is Fire Steel. Basically a flint rod and flat steel to strike the flint to start fires for camp, cooking, or signal fires if need be. I also keep for fire starting a small pack of solid fule cubes which I slice a little off a cube to help start the fire. Fuel cubes help alot in wet contitions.

Check out Light My Fire - We sell fire

I have the little guy, good for about 3000 strikes and the BBQ guy good for about 12,000 strikes.

I think I bought these at a REI store.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlPainless View Post
Okay, say you have a Bug out Bag with food and water for 72 hours, enough clothing to keep you warm, firearm/ammo of your choice, and some means for starting a fire. What is the one other thing you would put in your bag if you only had room for that one item?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'm in California, so there isn't a handgun in my BOB. My BOB is already in my truck and ready to go, so I would grab my 1911, magazines and a couple of boxes of ammunition.

I confess that I have no desire to confess.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Okay, say you have a Bug out Bag with food and water for 72 hours, enough clothing to keep you warm, firearm/ammo of your choice, and some means for starting a fire. What is the one other thing you would put in your bag if you only had room for that one item?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
Well I don't have a BOB per say, but I do keep a backpack for hiking and camping which is always loaded with enough dehydrated food stuff and energy bars for several days. The only item I can think of that has not been mentioned here is Fire Steel. Basically a flint rod and flat steel to strike the flint to start fires for camp, cooking, or signal fires if need be. I also keep for fire starting a small pack of solid fule cubes which I slice a little off a cube to help start the fire. Fuel cubes help alot in wet contitions.

Check out Light My Fire - We sell fire

I have the little guy, good for about 3000 strikes and the BBQ guy good for about 12,000 strikes.

I think I bought these at a REI store.
Try again...

Old 10-13-2009, 02:02 AM   #15

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Try again...
Ooops missed that one. So let me think. Ahhhhh got it.

I have a 26 watt fold out soft solar panel that will recharge and run some electronic devices, such as a laptop, cell phone, protable radio, I-Pod, hand held gps, etc... It folds down to about the size of a small laptop case and is very light in weight.

Check it out: www.brunton.com/product.php?id=420

I snagged this at a RV/camping show about a year ago

Last edited by mrm14; 10-13-2009 at 03:11 AM.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I consider my 1911 and the means to feed it as one item.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I consider my 1911 and the means to feed it as one item.
The point I was trying to make was that, hypothetically, the firearm and ammo of your choice were already in the bag. You don't need to grab your 1911 and ammo if it's already in there.

Nice choice BTW

Old 10-13-2009, 02:34 AM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
A bigger Bug Out Bag??

I got the BIG brother to this baby, in Black, as my BOB. It's got enough room for most of my gun safe, all my ammo, a complete 3 day survival pack, a complete medical kit and everything listed above, plus a few extras.
oakley.jpg  

Old 10-13-2009, 02:37 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

In that case, if I lived in America as opposed to California and was able to have a firearm in my BOB already, I'd take my fuzzy slippers. I love toasty feet.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
A bigger Bug Out Bag??

I got the BIG brother to this baby, in Black, as my BOB. It's got enough room for most of my gun safe, all my ammo, a complete 3 day survival pack, a complete medical kit and everything listed above, plus a few extras.

Hopefully you won't run into any fast moving targets. That is unless your gun safe and ammo consist of a 1911 or 2 and 100 rounds. Judging by your posts though I find that highly unlikely. Wait a minute... why do you need a gun safe and ammo if you don't have any firearms left after that tragic boating accident??