Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > You and 140 million other people wandering the country side.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default You and 140 million other people wandering the country side.

If a SHTF situation did occor and folks started a mass exodous of large metro areas millions of people going to the mountains and prarie regions and swarming the wooded areas, rural folk wouldent be able to resist the throngs of ignorant and hungry desperate folks thinking the country,swamps mountains are the place to go and there should be plentiful game.
The masses of sheeple flooding to the country will most likely kill off the local's that know anything about farming and animal husbandry
then they'll dirty up the country and eat all the grain seed stock, slaughter all the livestock, and wild game will be scarce as the second week of hunting season. water will most likely be contaminated by ignorant people doing there toilet business wherever leading to cholera or some other disease.
i'd just as soon stay home and garden my back yard and support my local authorties.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Go further into the wilderness than the ignorant dare.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

S#%T, I need more amunition!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I don't plan to leave home unless there is a damn good compelling reason. And if I do have to leave home, it will be with several other families I trust as much as my own family; there's strength in numbers.

Most city folk (up here, anyway) will be looking to government for help; they won't even think of depending on themselves and foraging for food or making their own shelter. Heaven forbid. They're all entitled to more than that. Just ask 'em, they'll confirm it.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Well that sounds all & good but then there is the 7 to 13 millions that will go to Mexico and the other 8 to 29 million that will head for the mountains in the east & west, not counting on the other 17 million that are sailing&hikeing to Canada the Pacific Northwest and Alaska.then the 500,000 or so sailing to the south pacific and pacific rim islands
You will run but only die tired and hungry.

BKT is spot on!

The World Bank wouldent let the model of world capitalism totally collapse the UN would be called in to keep those folks working and paying them mortages and buying products from walmart, they definately wouldent allow a bunch of rampageing refugee people to dismantle the agricultral infrastructure already in place for produceing massive crops, we can produce its just not economicly feaseable, we out source like our mfg, we will soon outsource our health care as well.

Last edited by Rex in OTZ; 03-03-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #6

Liked 269 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Jeeze, Where to go? We have 5 houses/property in 3 states.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have said for awhile now that I will be looking for other forum members avatar's at the pile of bodies out at about 700-800 yards mark from my place.

I live on a very large hill, with a lake nearby that is glacier fed, I got a generator that runs on Natural gas, so unless the Main line breaks there will be constant line pressure to run the lights and heat, and we got a whole neighborhood filled with big trucks and gun racks.

"City Folks" just won't be tooling in through the outlands to "take" what they want around here...

I am not bugging out unless that big bastard mountain turns active and goes St. Helens on the valley.....

JD

Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I sure do hope you're being sarcastic and don't REALLY believe that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex in OTZ View Post
The World Bank wouldent let the model of world capitalism totally collapse the UN would be called in to keep those folks working and paying them mortages and buying products from walmart, they definately wouldent allow a bunch of rampageing refugee people to dismantle the agricultral infrastructure already in place for produceing massive crops, we can produce its just not economicly feaseable, we out source like our mfg, we will soon outsource our health care as well.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Rex, you do realize that there are over 300 million in the US. City folk won't go beyond where they can walk, that's about 10 blocks. Take New Orleans for a model when they knew Katrina was coming. Sh** was coming with the fan then. There are large numbers of people living in cities that have never been any further away from home than they can walk with ease. Then, there are millions more that have never looked for any other route outta town than the main interstates and highways. Then, there are millions more that can get out, but have no idea what to do in the wilderness....let's call them food.

Then, there are the rest of us.

Good thread.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #10

Liked 269 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I have said for awhile now that I will be looking for other forum members avatar's at the pile of bodies out at about 700-800 yards mark from my place.

I live on a very large hill, with a lake nearby that is glacier fed, I got a generator that runs on Natural gas, so unless the Main line breaks there will be constant line pressure to run the lights and heat, and we got a whole neighborhood filled with big trucks and gun racks.

"City Folks" just won't be tooling in through the outlands to "take" what they want around here...

I am not bugging out unless that big bastard mountain turns active and goes St. Helens on the valley.....

JD
Mount Ranier eh? Well theres alot of old andesite around, she sports a narrow central hydrothermal system, has more than 55 lahar and debirs flows from very long ago. Pumice layers last laid down between 1820 and 1858. Last lava eruption around 2,200 years ago. Pyroclastic flows erupted around 1,100 years ago. Shes still an active volcano with eruption intervals I think about every 2,200 years. However, at least through the 1980's studies, there doesnt appear to be any tilting or bulging deformities at this time. Although there not always massive eruptions by studies done at this site, and theres only a few studies that have been done, and the last ones in the 1980's, she could still go almost anytime, and anytime could be next week to 200 years from now. Probably just a little event though. My bet it'll be some pyroclastic flows along with some lahar and debris flows. (melting glaciers) Dont really know if she'll be as massive as Mt. St. Helens, I dont think so, but you'll have some mess to clean up afterwards.