Is Yellowstone going to erupt?... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Is Yellowstone going to erupt?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

whether it blows or it doesn't blow is pretty much irrelevent. not much anyone can do to stop it from blowing when it decides to.
People Like This 
Old 04-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1289 Times on 611 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Libs will blame it on Bush!!!
People Like This 
Old 04-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Is Yellowstone going to erupt?... - Survival & Sustenance Living Forum
People Like This 
Old 04-05-2014, 03:28 AM   #14

Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Direction of travel of those animals cannot be confirmed. Nuff said.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:35 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

only God knows when it will, or if it will erupt one day. everything else is simply speculation and guessing.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:42 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 629 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
only God knows when it will, or if it will erupt one day. everything else is simply speculation and guessing.
^^^This^^^ My opinion only, but I think it will after a very specific 7 year period of time! At that precise moment the shtf and terror like never seen or experienced comes to fruition! I most certainly could be wrong, but again only my opinion.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:14 AM   #17

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
Is Yellowstone going to erupt?.
Yes it will. It is not a question of IF, but WHEN. It has done so every 640,000 years or so and is currently over due. One of the problems is that the center of mass of the lava pool keeps shifting because the North American Plate keeps shifting. While a 4.8 earthquake is not a big one anything 6.5 or larger could set it off if it opens a large enough fisher. It is in someways tied into the Volcanoes of the North West and if one of those goes off, it could relieve some of the pressure and abate the Yellow Stone pressure zone.

No one can tell if it will be a partial eruption or a mass eruption at this time, but it will be a spectacular fireworks show WHEN it happens.

Happy Vacationing at Yellow Stone, just bring asbestos underwear with (LOL).

Jim
People Like This 
Old 04-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #18
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

Yup, Bison Burgers for all, she's gonna blow and it will be something to behold (From my vantage point a couple thousand miles away). I would rather be west of it than east but glad were at least way north. Paradise is more often than not worthy of a vacation but not a place to live, too many possible Oh Crap moments living near places describes as unmeasurable and powerful natural beauty! Anyplace that spews boiling acid water 100' in the air regularly probably isnt a great place to raise kids! Volcano equals danger just like sink holes that swallow towns, giant rivers or toilet-bowl towns (New Orleans)!

Ya Gotta be picky when your picking a homeland, The only thing I have to worry about where I live is Big Snow, Big Government and big Taxes, none of which has been proven to kill nearly as quickly as building your home on a giant pile of mud, blowholes filled with liquid rock or beach front property that is one wave from becoming the deep blue sea!

Better yet, those who make the unfortunate choice to live beside a giant pile of fused and lit of Dynamite will be seeking the rest of the nations mercy and benevolence to try to save them from their own choices after the game of Russian roulette produces dead and dying citizens.

I do think we will start seeing a population shift based on these elephants in the room.
Jimski Likes This 
Old 04-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #19
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2880 Times on 1581 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Yup, Bison Burgers for all, she's gonna blow and it will be something to behold (From my vantage point a couple thousand miles away). I would rather be west of it than east but glad were at least way north. Paradise is more often than not worthy of a vacation but not a place to live, too many possible Oh Crap moments living near places describes as unmeasurable and powerful natural beauty! Anyplace that spews boiling acid water 100' in the air regularly probably isnt a great place to raise kids! Volcano equals danger just like sink holes that swallow towns, giant rivers or toilet-bowl towns (New Orleans)!

Ya Gotta be picky when your picking a homeland, The only thing I have to worry about where I live is Big Snow, Big Government and big Taxes, none of which has been proven to kill nearly as quickly as building your home on a giant pile of mud, blowholes filled with liquid rock or beach front property that is one wave from becoming the deep blue sea!

Better yet, those who make the unfortunate choice to live beside a giant pile of fused and lit of Dynamite will be seeking the rest of the nations mercy and benevolence to try to save them from their own choices after the game of Russian roulette produces dead and dying citizens.

I do think we will start seeing a population shift based on these elephants in the room.
In a major eruption the fallout from the ash clouds will be devastating to anything east of the volcano. Kill zone could be up to a 500 mile radius. The fine suspended ash will be devastating to the whole world and could trigger a mini ice age. When Krakatoa blew it was the year without summer. Crops all over the world failed. Yellowstone has the potential to be bigger than Krakatoa.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 597 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 3116

Yes it is!

Don't ask me when though. I lost my crystal ball.