Year supply of food for CHEAP! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Year supply of food for CHEAP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds good! The lack of meat mentioned will be hard on a lot of us more used to the flesh, but balanced out with soy or rice and corn the nutrition will be there. Soy beans, well soaked and boiled, can be used for a lot of protein replacement. The soy sauce and miso can be used for flavoring like the bouillon. The new soft boullion tastes a lot better to me than the over-salted little cubes. Some places sell the pork bouillon and vegetable which is a nice switch. The various boullion can be used to flavor fish and less palatable critters which might come for dinner.

Last edited by DunRanull; 12-11-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have tried it and I like it. Wife is so so but she is a spoiled princess. She will eat it when there is no other choices. I have added a hand full of diced jerky and a dollop of bacon grease, that helps. At Sams I found Chicken and Beef base with no MSG this works better at flavoring. Add a bay leaf or 2 and your left over coffee and you really kick the flavor up. It's just 1 more tool in the box.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

OK it is good with canned tuna and canned chicken. In 1 qt I added can of corned beef hash very good. Salt cod is great if you add a can of tomatoes. You really need the acid. I guess you could use catchup and apple cider vinegar.