You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Would you....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6004 Times on 3543 Posts
Likes Given: 30277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas53 View Post
years ago, one of the shops i worked at, i would make huge batches of chili for the entire shop, to appreciate my guys for the work they did. i had a buddy of mine that supplied me with lots of deer meat to make the chili!

one of my mechanics in the shop was an avid and dedicated fisherman, and loved to fish. he also liked to cook. in the summer on some Friday afternoons, we would have a big fish fry out back of the shop. many of our wives would bring all sorts of dishes, sides and desserts for all of us to eat.

sometimes we even held a big BBQ on a weekend. i would drag my big BBQ pit up to the shop on Friday evening, and smoke several briskets, sausages, and chicken on the pit for a big meal come Saturday afternoon. again many of the wives would bring all sorts of sides and dishes to the shop to go with the BBQ.
used to do the same with a camp stove and camp grill, both propane, at the last few places i worked. i was a superviser in the last 2 jobs, so I'd come by for a few hours, with shift change in the middle, and cook for the guys there, on my day off. it got to a poibt that some of the inside employees started pitching in, and we's have mid week evening cook outs,. with 2 of the managers above me spelling the pumpers so they could join in.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold the Southern Values I was raised with.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY

If it's a nice enough day to wash the bike, it's d@mn well also a nice enough day to be riding it instead.
People Like This 
Old 05-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #72
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10403 Times on 5133 Posts
Likes Given: 39759

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Dear Winds , there's not much of anything I would not eat ! I'd eat em alive so the answer to your question , (ABSOLUTLY YES) .......
People Like This