Will you stay or go? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Will you stay or go?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Bugging in unless and until that becomes untenable, then moving to "rabbit hole".

God help anyone who tries to attack "Fort Don't Mess With"

Old 10-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #12

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Depends on the type of SHTF scenario, truthfully. If it's going to be something that would be better to hunker down and hang tough for a while, I can do that. If it is one where I need to bug out? We can do that, as well.
Truthfully, planning any 'bug out' that requires going over 50 miles is risky at best, because the roads will probably turn into a battlezone, so unless you know all the back roads (and you could expect red neck looters on those), it won't be a fun time.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #13

I'm prepped for a major hurricane(live in FL) and will stay. Any other long term SHTF and I'm not really prepared.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

For years we planned for bugging in and bugging out. The bug in was for short term emergencies and the bug out was for more serious and/or longer term SHTF. Now we are in a bug-in situation, because last year we pulled up stakes and moved to the country! However, we do have friends and family (MAG) who will be bugging out to our location. We established a 30 Day GOOD plan, and constantly keep improving our supplies, preparations, and plans. We have routes and means for most all the friends and family to make the 210 miles trip, but preferably everyone involved will execute their 30 Day GOOD plan ahead of the panic of metro Phoenix.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The plan is to stay here unless we absolutely must leave. We have the supplies and means to get out, but don't have a safe refuge to evacuate to. No relatives or friends in a safe area, so we'd be on our own. However, I have several locations in mind that could work.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
Bugging in unless and until that becomes untenable, then moving to "rabbit hole".

God help anyone who tries to attack "Fort Don't Mess With"
That's with us too. Our rabbit holes are located from 12 miles to 300 miles away. I wish we had a few more. It good to have a goal. The close one has a well and utilities. I have my generator to power the well if needed. Surrounded by cow's , coyotes and a million (it seems) quail. But I really want to make it to the panhandle of the Republic of Texas. Nice secure remote site on a lake and a very like minded population. I will bug out with my Travel trailer. This will provide comforts and storage. The key is staying aware and making the move before the road gets clogged up or waiting until after the initial rush.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The only problem with my placevery from the 3rd post is it would be hard to defend

Old 10-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #18

Interesting, the only things i thought of is...
I'm also in an area that is not great but not terrible. I know I would be pulling the trigger though if i stayed more than 2 days and society was at the point of rioting. I would only have to worry about fires being set and burning the house.
Traveling will be risky, i thought of having a very small accessible trailer option but once people see you pulling that around...you are targeted I'm sure and better hope the roads don't slow you down.
If it's a huge natural disaster, being in my location I'll more than likely have some time to decide. I'm not on a coast and We're not in very prone earthquake area, well maybe...we had a couple recently the past few years, very minor.
If it's a military take over, I'm hiding...for awhile. Whether it be in the wilderness or in a hole in the ground. I don't want to have to risk going against a whole squad/unit of guys.
I do plan to have travel routes planned even if it leads me to a forest somewhere. Foot travel would be tough as well until I get about 1 hour out.
For some of you, wow...you really are anticipating this happening.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think that economic collapse is very possible if Obama gets re elected. Vote Ron Paul.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1389 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 252

bunker in... no good escape solutions