Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Wild storms in 2013 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/wild-storms-2013-a-88492/)

StainlessSteel215 04-09-2013 03:39 PM

Wild storms in 2013

This has me the most worried above any other reasons to prep....each year it feels like natural disasters and violent storms are more and more common. I was just checking the news and tracked a massive storm in Colorado right now that's packing potential for snow and tornados.

After we were rocked here last year during sandy....I am doing what I can to make sure we are adequately prepared for another violent storm and power outages for days. I think it's smart for all of us to prepare for violent weather

locutus 04-09-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 (Post 1208426)
This has me the most worried above any other reasons to prep....each year it feels like natural disasters and violent storms are more and more common. I was just checking the news and tracked a massive storm in Colorado right now that's packing potential for snow and tornados.

Yep!! and I'm in the middle of it right now. Lotsa snow. Lotsa wind.:eek:

Nice warm fire in the fireplace and a glass of good Single Malt Scotch to sip while the spaghetti sauce simmers!:)

TruggieTex 04-09-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus

Yep!! and I'm in the middle of it right now. Lotsa snow. Lotsa wind.:eek:

Nice warm fire in the fireplace and a glass of good Single Malt Scotch to sip while the spaghetti sauce simmers!:)

I could endure winter for just a bit more in that surrounding!
Great imagery...I can smell the sauce....

Bigcountry02 04-09-2013 11:10 PM

Folks in the Midwest stay tuned to the news, this storm is going to be nasty.

This thing is moving east, with violent winds!

ShagNasty1001 04-09-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02
Folks in the Midwest stay tuned to the news, this storm is going to be nasty.

This thing is moving east, with violent winds!

I'm right smack dab in the middle here in oklahoma. It's supposed to hit around 10 tonight as I'm on my way to work

StainlessSteel215 04-10-2013 12:18 AM

Drive safe fellas, and bundle up for this one

JTJ 04-10-2013 04:06 AM

About 60 years ago the National Weather Service said the World had been in a relatively mild long term weather cycle but we were coming out of that cycle and into a much more severe cycle. There is a lot worse weather to come as we get deeper into the cycle. Dont be surprised if you see new higher storm classifications.

Squawk 04-10-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ
About 60 years ago the National Weather Service said the World had been in a relatively mild long term weather cycle but we were coming out of that cycle and into a much more severe cycle. There is a lot worse weather to come as we get deeper into the cycle. Dont be surprised if you see new higher storm classifications.

The only thing that scares me more than Government is Mother Nature.

nitestalker 04-10-2013 04:22 AM

Spring time in the Rockies is always the whipping tail of Hell. Here at 7,000' it can snow and shut down every road in June. It has warmed up a lot its April, it will only get down to 10 Degrees tonight and snow. ;)