wife is prepping now! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > wife is prepping now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoprepper View Post
I have good credit just not long enough credit to get a nice chuck of land a couple miles outta town or I would scram outta town to
Well unfortunantly I have to sell both my properties to buy this one , but hell yeah it will be worth it , Im tired of being the local slum lord around here #1 I dont have the time #2 and having my stuff trashed out and spending a ton of $$$ to fix it . I will post up some pics of my recent redo from the last scumbags I had in there .
the clean spot is where their couch sat and it all looked like that clean spot when they moved in

Last edited by purehavoc; 06-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

Well unfortunantly I have to sell both my properties to buy this one , but hell yeah it will be worth it , Im tired of being the local slum lord around here #1 I dont have the time #2 and having my stuff trashed out and spending a ton of $$$ to fix it . I will post up some pics of my recent redo from the last scumbags I had in there .
My best friends ma did rentals. I think he counted 18 at one time but yeah. He had to help her clean them when they moved out and some of the storys he tells me make me gag.
One house he said had kitchen maggots. Talk about gross and unhealthy

Old 06-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #13

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Wyo, slow but steady wins the race. Having enough canned food for a few days or a coupla weeks is just basic common sense.

After that, you don't need to spend alot of money quickly but you do need to learn a little, plan, and act. Put it this way -- if you ate all-storeable food and bought twice as much as you have till now, it would take a year to have a year's supply of food.

Don't waste time and money: read a bit, plan your work and work your plan.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #14

Wyo, slow but steady wins the race. Presuming nothing happens tomorrow. Having enough canned food for a few days or a coupla weeks is just basic common sense.

After that, you don't need to spend alot of money quickly but you DO need to learn a little, plan, and act. Put it this way -- if you ate all-storeable food and bought twice as much as you have till now, it would take a year to have a year's supply of food.

Don't waste time and money: read a bit, plan your preps and work your plan.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Wyo, slow but steady wins the race. Presuming nothing happens tomorrow. Having enough canned food for a few days or a coupla weeks is just basic common sense.

After that, you don't need to spend alot of money quickly but you DO need to learn a little, plan, and act. Put it this way -- if you ate all-storeable food and bought twice as much as you have till now, it would take a year to have a year's supply of food.

Don't waste time and money: read a bit, plan your preps and work your plan.
What would u suggest as a plan?

Old 06-23-2012, 01:40 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Plan for different things... pick one like natural disaster (kick ass storm came through, took no prisoners). Food for a week or more? How ya gonna cook it? How you gonna see what youre cooking? Where you gonna sleep? How are you gonna get news that help is on the way? How are you gonna charge your cell phone and check facebook? Kidding. Pick one thing and start examining it from every angle...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoprepper View Post
What would u suggest as a plan?
There are a few books on prepping and sites with stickies you should read. But look at the basics: food and water, clothing, shelter, health, security. Short, intermediate, and long term.

I would make suggestions for some but you need to know a little more (I say that not to be mean because you and the Mrs. have already learned the most critical lesson), there are different opinions and options, and I'm relatively new here, so...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #18

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
I'm not a prepper. I AM a country boy that has been thru too many times of "power is out, and even if you COULD get to the store, it's closed."
Amen brother, let the land provide an you shall not be without.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #19

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoprepper
Finally got the wife to realize she needs to help me prep. At first she thought I was nuts until I pulled the "kids " card and how we need to do it for them.
I told her anything ANYTHING can happen and I want to be a few steps ahead of others. So today she is going to the 1$store to get some can goods and anything else we can stock pile.
Im a firm believer that somethings happening and I refuse to be a victim.
this just made my day!
So is she fortifying the kitchen?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 846 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 180

Think of prepping a bit differently.

If they have a 25% off sale on TP, what happens if you buy 6 months worth? Three months from now, they do the sale again, buy another six months worth. Suddenly you have 9 months worth. Do this on everything you normally buy, only get it on sale, buy several months worth at a time. Over a year or two, you'll begin to look like "real preppers" Best part, you're saving money!